Digi question

When you return to work after, the weekend off. Does the unit automatically adjust the 90 hours counter,ie does it knock the first weeks hours off .

Yes, it does it at 00:00 hours UTC Monday, 01:00 local time at the moment. If you did 40 hours driving in week 1 and 45 hours in week 2, and went home with it showing 85 hours on Friday evening, then by the time you come in to start on Monday it will show 45 hours as your two week total. On a Siemens unit press the down arrow once, while stopped, and the number in the bottom left of the display is your current 2 week total.

It will do it even if you are working a shift at that time. A few months ago I parked in Adinkerke in Belgium on a Saturday afternoon for a weekly rest bang on 89:00 hours for the fortnight. I started again at 23:00 UTC (01:00 local) and drove to the train. By the time I boarded a little after 00:00 UTC the first weeks hours had been dropped and I was on something like 40 hours for the fortnight, and I didn’t go over the 90 for the previous fortnight.

Thanks coffeeholic, thats answered it for me. Only took charge of this unit 2 weeks ago, first digi tacho, so just learning as we go along. Thanks.

440Mopar:
Thanks coffeeholic, thats answered it for me. Only took charge of this unit 2 weeks ago, first digi tacho, so just learning as we go along. Thanks.

you should find most of what you need to know about digi tachos in the third post here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58204

it will be more economical for you to know how they work BEFORE you go along :slight_smile: