Digi Question

I have a problem which I cannot find anyone can answer.
Four times over the last month my digicard printout has shown a question mark over hours worked between midnight and start of shift.
An example is:
Finish driving at 1800, 15 mins of other work then withdraw card.
15 mins in office so shift ends at 1830.
Next day start work at 1500. Get in truck at 1530 and put card in.
Do manual entry for previous day:
Card withdrawn at 1815. Was this end of shift? Hit ‘No’
Manual entry for 1815 to 1830 - hit other work.
Was this end of shift? Hit ‘Yes’
Display then asks if I am now starting shift at 1530.
Hit no and do manual entry for other work from 1500 to 1530.
Confirm manual entry and display goes to ‘normal’ showing other work at 1530.
This is what I have always done and have had no problems.
However, 4 times over the last month my print out has shown a question mark from midnight to 1500.
I asked in our office and one person said I should have input break after the end of shift at 1830 to 1500 but the display does not allow to do this, as soon as I hit yes for end of shift it reverts to the start time for the current day. I have never done this before and it has only come up with this discrepancy 4 times, why not every time if I am doing it wrong, which I don’t think I have. They are old tachos in 06 up to 2010 trucks.

It sounds like you’re using a type 1 digital tachograph, type 1 digital tachographs have always show a question mark for time the card wasn’t in the tachograph.

You say this has happened four times over the last month, in that case I assume that either you’re not always using the same type 1 digital tachograph or you’ve only done four printouts.

I always do a print out but the office have never picked me up on it only when I went for a new job and they said I’d got these 4 infringements.The tachos are in 2006 Daf CF’s, the 2010 one was in a Stralis.

rockclimber:
I always do a print out but the office have never picked me up on it only when I went for a new job and they said I’d got these 4 infringements.The tachos are in 2006 Daf CF’s, the 2010 one was in a Stralis.

Having a question mark for time the driver card is not in the tachograph is not an infringement, if that’s what they were really referring to then they’re wrong.

Type 2 digital tachographs came into operation in late 2012, so assuming the vehicles you’ve mentioned had the original tachographs they would be type 1.

I suppose it is possible to manually input the daily rest period in a type 1 digital tachograph by manually recording the rest and not ending the last shift, but I’ve never done it and it’s not legally required on type 1 tachographs, well not in the UK anyway.

From what you’ve said it sounds like either someone where you went for a job didn’t understand the card readout software or was talking about four infringements you’d got for other things.

No they were referring to those times the card wasn’t in, the midnight to 1500 followed by a question mark.
That’s great - thanks - was quite worried about it.

You’re welcome :smiley:

And welcome to Trucknet-UK :wink: