Digi Problems

ok, so i have been working nightshifts driiving class 2 and 7.5ton but the last two times i have put my card in, my drive time has not reset to zero from my last shift and won’t reset to zero until a 45min break has been recorded, its only just started and anyone i speak to doesn’t know why, i will list an example of my shift pattern:

Sunday night:
Start: 20:15 card inserted
Finish: 05:50 card ejected

Tuesday night:
Start: 23:30 card inserted, 00:10 ready to drive, but drive time sits at 03h09 and as i drive, still doesn’t reset, meaning in 1 hour and 21 mins i would have to take an unscheduled 45min break, but i hadn’t drove for 3hrs 9mins, so warehouse manager advised to drive through the 4hr30 and take printouts, which i did, when i got to my destination I put the truck on 45 break while i unloaded to see if it cleared, which it did and drive time and breaks went to normal.
Finish 09:30 card ejected.

Thursday Morning:
Start: 03:00 2nd driver, card registering drive time before a wheel is turned as 03h25 and pause timer counting up to 24hrs which would be 09:30 when the card was last ejected, after 24hr period was up it cleared to 00h00.

so any ideas why my drive time and all are not resetting anymore, does manual entry effect this in anyway aswell, any help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Hiya
Yes a manual entry will affect your card.when you start your shift click “yes” for manual entry
Might say the time and date of last ejection “is this end of shift?” Click yes .
Or will show time last ejected and present time select break then click yes.
Using the down arrow scroll time back to start of your shift then select “crossed hammers” then click yes to confirm.
If you dont do a manual entry to select rest between shifts it thinks its 1long shift and wont reset your driving time.
As for being told to drive over your hours on purpose your manager is a ■■■■ im sure vosa would take a dim view of it I know I wouldn’t its not the managers licence its yours .

Hope this helps
Jeff.

thanks for the info, I will do the manual entry tonight and fingers crossed it resets, the problem with the company is not one of the managers are truck drivers and therefore have no real clue about digi cards, all they said was it must be a fault with your card and due to the time of start, none of the other truck drivers are on, so couldn’t ask them, but i will do what you said tonight and see what happens.

thing is on the printout it shows driving time and rest periods were all correct, just wasn’t showing on the tacho screen, think i maybe hit the hammers instead of rest on the last manual entry, so that would explain not resetting and thinking its one long shift, so i have the printout incase vosa stop me and put down error on my part.

will keep you posted

thanks.

I think you will find life easier if you ensure the tacho is on REST before you eject your card each evening. That will save doing manual entries in the future.

Yes you must do a manual entry to tell the tacho when you have finished your shift we used to have this problem regularly easyist thing is to put it on rest befor you eject your card and make sure its on rest when you insert it BUT make sure you switch it to work while you do your daily checks then your ready to go.

^^^^^^^^^ this

well manual entry worked and I set it to rest before I ejected the card, so i will stick it back on rest before and hopefully that will be good for future ref, failing that i will just stick with manual entries.

Thanks for the info guys :smiley: