Digi Printouts

Just a quick one!! I’ve just used the search but couldn’t really find it? sorry if it is allready on here :unamused:
Do I need to printout at the end of every shift?? I’m a day worker with no nights out and only myself uses my truck, one of the other lads said he doesn’t and my argument was if the unit in your truck fails I’ve always got paper back up if the ministry needs it. What’s your thoughts?
Cheers Gid

You are only required to make a printout in the event of a malfunction, to correct something or to explain a deviation from the regulations. A printout other than for those reasons is not required and isn’t worth err…, the paper it’s printed on. :wink:

So in answer to your question under normal operation you do not need a printout at the end of every shift as it is a waste of time, paper and money.

Ahhh ok thanks coffeeholic :smiley:

Giddy:
Ahhh

The disappointed sound of someone who is going to have to tell a workmate they were indeed correct. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Giddy:
Just a quick one!! I’ve just used the search but couldn’t really find it? sorry if it is allready on here :unamused:
Do I need to printout at the end of every shift?? I’m a day worker with no nights out and only myself uses my truck, one of the other lads said he doesn’t and my argument was if the unit in your truck fails I’ve always got paper back up if the ministry needs it. What’s your thoughts?
Cheers Gid

If you work for an agency they might want you to do a printout for there records, ministry can get the info off your digi card so wouldnt be needed for them. You should also get your card downloaded by whover you are driving fir every 28 days or so too.

I was on the DCPC course last week and was told “Do not do a print out as you are making a legal document that could be used against your good self”.

alamcculloch:
I was on the DCPC course last week and was told “Do not do a print out as you are making a legal document that could be used against your good self”.

More DCPC BS. If you take a printout that isn’t required under the regulations, maybe to check how much driving you’ve done or the like, you don’t have to keep it after it has served the purpose you made it for and you can bin it. As it wasn’t required and you can throw it away it is hardly a legal document. Any information on the printout is also on the card and it will be that the authorities will use in any legal proceedings against you and not a bit of paper you aren’t actually required to make.

What else did the trainer tell you, I wouldn’t believe any of it as he/she sounds suspect. :wink:

He also told me on the First Aid course to sing Nellie THE Elephant when performimg C.P.R.I hope that the powers that be are proud of themselves.

alamcculloch:
He also told me on the First Aid course to sing Nellie THE Elephant when performimg C.P.R.I hope that the powers that be are proud of themselves.

The truth is sometimes stranger than fiction, and this is one such occasion…

That method is quite commonly used for teaching CPR, and it works quite well. :smiley:

Nellie the elephant made me smile I remember being taught that years ago when I did my first first aider course :laughing: :laughing:

knight:
Nellie the elephant made me smile I remember being taught that years ago when I did my first first aider course :laughing: :laughing:

Nellie the Elephant. I had forgotten that :stuck_out_tongue: :blush: :blush:

Apparently the BMA were testing out Billy Ray Cyrus

Achy Breaky Heart :laughing:

Can I ask one on printouts?

I’m the only full time driver on my lorry but when I go on holiday, a relief driver will be on it. Do I need to do a printout before he takes over & again before I restart or do we just carry on as normal & rely on the tacho to show different drivers??

Do I need to download his card as a record of him driving my truck or is this down to him?

How do I stand with downloading the head if I haven’t got his card details in my records?

Sorry to jump on the back of the thread & I hope someone can answer my questions

BB

Basilbrush:
Can I ask one on printouts?

I’m the only full time driver on my lorry but when I go on holiday, a relief driver will be on it. Do I need to do a printout before he takes over & again before I restart or do we just carry on as normal & rely on the tacho to show different drivers??

No need to do printouts, it’s all on the cards and the different drivers are recorded in the unit.

Basilbrush:
Do I need to download his card or is this down to him?

Down to the company to download his card, same as with yours. If it’s your company then yes, you will have to download his card.

Basilbrush:
How do I stand with downloading the head if I haven’t got his card details in my records?

Same way the unit is always downloaded, with a company card. His details aren’t required in order to do this and the different drivers will show up in the downloaded data.

Thanks for replying coffeeholic, he’s a self employed relief driver who covers for lots of different people, mainly owner drivers. He drives for me 2 weeks a year. will I still need to download his card?

BB

Basilbrush:
he’s a self employed relief driver who covers for lots of different people, mainly owner drivers. He drives for me 2 weeks a year. will I still need to download his card?

BB

You have a legal obligation to download the data from his card no later than 28 days from when he first drives for you even if he drives for you for only one day a year.

deleted

Hi Del, good to see you posting again mate :wink:

You’re right, the regulations require that the card be downloaded no later than 28 days from the first time the driver drives for the company after the last download and immediately before the driver ceases to be employed by the undertaking as a driver, or otherwise to carry out work for the undertaking as a driver