Digi download question

Hi,

I have been working for my current employer for the past 12 weeks using a both anologue and digital tacho’s.

It has just dawned on me that my digi card has not been downloaded since i started and i have gone way over the 28 days download requirement.

Am i in the [zb]t or is it a case of get it downloaded asap?

Cheer for any help

Ruddy

Download it ASAP, you should be okay, they should hold a lot more than 28 days data.
Although I don’t use mine as much as many, I’ve just done a first download at my present employment and got data going back to 2007 although some bits have gone.

It’s up to your employer to download it. I believe your only requirement is to make it “available” to download for them.
So as long as you have it with you at work, which you will anyway, then it’s their problem if they don’t.
That’s my understanding of it anyway.

I distinctly remember you asking the muppet in the office to download it and said he would do it later :stuck_out_tongue:

There you are, sorted

Cheers for the replies - I now distinctly remember offering my card to be downloaded.

Scarab:
It’s up to your employer to download it. I believe your only requirement is to make it “available” to download for them.
So as long as you have it with you at work, which you will anyway, then it’s their problem if they don’t.

I think you may find it works both ways - as an employer we have to make the download machine accessable
as an employee if the machine is accessable you should download it yourself .
but if one of mine waved it in my face i would show them how to do it themsleves
cheers
Steve

Up to the employer to download it so if they don’t is not your problem and don’t worry about the data on it, even with using it 5 and 6 days a week it will hold close on a years worth of data.

gm:

Scarab:

I think you may find it works both ways - as an employer we have to make the download machine accessable

That may be a company rule on some companies but it’s the transport operators legal responsibility to see that the data is downloaded, the drivers legal responsibility ends at making the card available for download.

There’s no requirement in the regulations for a card reader to be made available for the driver to use :wink:

tachograph:

gm:

Scarab:

That may be a company rule on some companies but it’s the transport operators legal responsibility to see that the data is downloaded, the drivers legal responsibility ends at making the card available for download.

There’s no requirement in the regulations for a card reader to be made available for the driver to use :wink:

That’s right, we had driver terminals in most of the depots we got fuel from, but we still had to download the cards in our home depot whether we had just done it that day in Calais