Digi course ????

I have my class 2 practical lessons and test next week… so far i have passed everything 1st time but i am worried about using the digi tacho machine. I have used a simulator online but to be fair its a bit pooh. I dont want to get my manual entries all in a muddle or input the wrong symbols. There are about 4 different types of machine so i have read.

I could pay for a course but am i worrying about nothing? Knowing my luck them vosa dudes will tug me within week 2 and i will have made a proper mountain from a mole hill unknowingly.

This post is going to be met with much laughter and insults. All i can say is bring it on lads hit me hard :smiley: Also i am right in thinking that i can apply for a digi drivers card befpre i have actually passed my test.
Thanks gang

i never touched a tacho on my lessons or test but that was a long time ago,i do’nt know if things have changed these days.

DWYNE - Just a few thoughts…

Yes there are now four manufacturers of Digital Tachographs but they are all very similar to operate.
Also… mainly Siemens VDO is the predominant model in trucks. Although some truck makers go for Stoneridge (Scania spring to mind) and the coaches/mini-buses are fitted with Stoneridge or Actia. So if you are ‘practising’ on simulators try to stick to Siemens VDO initially.

Manual entries are nothing to be scared of…practice ‘filling in the gaps’ on the simulator. Ask your training provider to give you an insight - even if it means instructor driving & giving a demo with his digi-card.

As far as I know you can apply for Digi-card anytime, certainly if you have C1 on your driving licence. £38.00 is the fee.
Try this for an in-depth guide (really useful starting point) downloads.tachomaster.net/docs/D … ograph.pdf

Hope this helps!!!

thanks. As i thought… i am doing it right then

You wont use a tacho on your lessons or test… I was asked to show where the tacho goes as one of the questions but thats easy, your trainer will show that… I wouldnt worry about filling your head with tacho laws, just do the test then learn it afterwards and even then dont get to hung up on it because if you get on for a half decent company they will show you exactly what to do, its in their interest as they wont want you driving for 12 hours and having 7 hours daily rest… Well they mite do, but the other drivers will show you how to fix that…

Daz1970:
and the coaches/mini-buses are fitted with Stoneridge or Actia.

The only coaches I’ve driven with a Stoneridge have been a Scania Irizar and some Merc Atego based contraption, all the rest have been Siemens :wink:
Siemens mk2 is a big improvement over the mk1 version…

I paid a fiver and used this site. ok it not free but its interactive and uses the siemans machine.

hgvcity.com/Modules/Digital_ … torial.htm

DWYNE, never EVER be afraid to ask a question on here :sunglasses: if you don’t know it, then you need putting right. :laughing: WHAT IS THE DUMBEST QUESTION? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: the one you never asked! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: