DIGI CARD

could anyone clarify, im on European work and sleeping in the truck everynight do I need to remove the card when on a daily/weekly rest while staying in the truck,or do I leave the card in and put on rest??

fativor:
could anyone clarify, im on European work and sleeping in the truck everynight do I need to remove the card when on a daily/weekly rest while staying in the truck,or do I leave the card in and put on rest??

As long as you log on and off with the country then its up to you but if you are away from the truck then think about what would happen if some scroat got hold of it

I leave mine in and when I was pulled by gendarmes they told me to leave it as well.

I left mine in for 6 months, No chance of leaving it somewhere, no chance of setting off without it in.
The Germans love to see a 24/7 record.

I would leave the card in just to be cautious.Years ago the Gendarmes had a purge on anologue disc paper cards not left in on daily rest periods.
In Spain you must enter the area you start and finish the shift by scrolling through the menu or risk a large fine or court deposit at the road side.For example start in Navara enter NA and finish in Andulucia AND.
If you move the truck on a daily rest,you must start again with a daily rest.

toby1234abc:
I would leave the card in just to be cautious.Years ago the Gendarmes had a purge on anologue disc paper cards not left in on daily rest periods.
In Spain you must enter the area you start and finish the shift by scrolling through the menu or risk a large fine or court deposit at the road side.For example start in Navara enter NA and finish in Andulucia AND.
If you move the truck on a daily rest,you must start again with a daily rest.

Toby, do you have to enter area in France/Italy etc or is it just for spain.
Thanks

Just Spain

daleyboy:
Just Spain

If you book off in Spain select ES, then the area options come up, click again on the area you are in then you are done, simples!

fativor:

You can leave the card in…You only have to enter the country where you start the day and later when you finish work you have to enter the Country where you end.Only in Spain you have to enter the correct area.

I take mine out every night what ever country I’m in and have never had any issues when pulled over.

Wenn you take the card out, then you only have to make an addendum in the Digi for the time the card have been out.

keep mine in book on and off each time and in which part of euroland stopped by vosa last year all ok ask about what to do each day in euroland and they advised to keep it in :smiley: