Digi card

Hi everyone, finished my shift this morning 00 30 hours Friday not back in till 1800 hrs Friday , I had 10 minutes driving time left when I pulled in the yard so our shunter said pull your card and get off home, so I put it on break and removed my card, what manual entry do I need to make when I start my next shift? Thanks been out the game for a while still getting used to digi tachos.

Do you use a stoneridge (Scania) or a normal tacho?
Assuming you just want to record rest for the whole time your card has been out? And not a few minutes of other work as you walk to and from the gate? Stoneridge will ask you “rest until now” to which you answer yes. Otherwise it will ask you if you want to do a manual entry, if you keep saying yes it will default to rest from when you removed the card until you entered it again.

chrisv:
, so I put it on break .

By the way, that was a waste of effort.

chrisv:
so I put it on break.

Don’t do this, as you’re supposed to show time for handing in keys and paperwork, just do a manual entry next shift, 5 or so minutes other work then rest until your starting time!!

On your manual entry you should put other work for 1/2 hr ( 1 am ) then rest until 17.45 , then other work to 18.00 ( when you put your card in ) then do your 1/2 hr checks on other work .
Nb I may be misunderstanding you , but you decide when you take card out , not shunter , and that should only be when you’ve dropped the tri ( assuming your are dropping one ) , had a walk round check everything is ok with lorry , diesel up , fill with washer fluid , paper work etc , then you remove card & head to office

Stephenjp:

chrisv:
so I put it on break.

Don’t do this, as you’re supposed to show time for handing in keys and paperwork, just do a manual entry next shift, 5 or so minutes other work then rest until your starting time!!

There’s no mandatory requirement to show time for handing in keys and paperwork. If it’s company policy, then do it, but if it isn’t company policy and you’re going to get paid the same regardless, then who cares? Not everyone needs to do this.

There’s no mandatory requirement to put it on break before ejecting, but no effort or problem to do so either, and DVSA tend to view it as good practice when you’re being interrogated.

Zac_A:

Stephenjp:

chrisv:
so I put it on break.

There’s no mandatory requirement to show time for handing in keys and paperwork. If it’s company policy, then do it, but if it isn’t company policy and you’re going to get paid the same regardless, then who cares? Not everyone needs to do this.

There’s no mandatory requirement to put it on break before ejecting, but no effort or problem to do so either, and DVSA tend to view it as good practice when you’re being interrogated.

You have to show all other work, driving and rest breaks, handing in paperwork and keys is other work!!

“ensure that all duties conducted since the driver card was last removed from a tachograph are manually entered onto the card record, using the manual entry facility on the tachograph” gov.uk.

Thanks everyone it’s a minefield if you make a mistake, but with your helpI I think I know what to do , very much appreciated .

Zac_A:

Yes there is a mandatory requirement to show other work for handing in keys and paperwork. You are legally required to make an accurate record of your time. Handing in keys and paperwork is other work and if you’ve a busy transport office and happen to get there the same time as all the other drivers you could spend 15 minutes waiting to do that and download your card.

Who cares is DVSA and the traffic commissioner should you end up with your company under investigation. They’ll want to know why drivers are instantly getting in their lorry after a daily rest and driving within seconds but claiming they’ve done daily checks, why, with the exception of those nighting out, nobody is recording other work at the end of a shift. And they will take every opportunity to shaft those who are regularly doing this.

What other things do you not bother to do Zac_A? Don’t bother strapping your load “cos they never move”, don’t bother doing daily checks “cos it was OK when I parked it up”?

Conor:
[
What other things do you not bother to do Zac_A?

Generally, I avoid getting into debates with people who have your reputation for being “challenging”, which marches ahead of all your posts. Some of your posts do contain sensible information, but you write them like a typical keyboard warrior.

DVSA etc don’t know if you handed your keys in en route to jumping into your car; for a lot of drivers it’s no more than hanging keys on a pegboard outside the canteen; dealing with paperwork in a lot of places is just dropping it into a tray, or even through a letterbox.

The requirement to record all other work isn’t aimed at the five minutes here or there as is the scenario being discussed here.

And who said anything about not recording 10-15 mins for a walkaround check? Just the keyboard warrior. All my drivers do their checks, and I don’t make them do a manual entry for the one or two minutes it takes them to drop their paperwork into the weighbridge, because unless DVSA are camped out in our office, no one knows and no one cares.

Conor:

Zac_A:

Yes there is a mandatory requirement to show other work for handing in keys and paperwork. You are legally required to make an accurate record of your time. Handing in keys and paperwork is other work and if you’ve a busy transport office and happen to get there the same time as all the other drivers you could spend 15 minutes waiting to do that and download your card.

Who cares is DVSA and the traffic commissioner should you end up with your company under investigation. They’ll want to know why drivers are instantly getting in their lorry after a daily rest and driving within seconds but claiming they’ve done daily checks, why, with the exception of those nighting out, nobody is recording other work at the end of a shift. And they will take every opportunity to shaft those who are regularly doing this.

What other things do you not bother to do Zac_A? Don’t bother strapping your load “cos they never move”, don’t bother doing daily checks “cos it was OK when I parked it up”?

As Zac clearly said. There is no requirement to hand in keys or paperwork and if you’re not doing it, then you don’t need to show time for it.

Zac_A:

Stephenjp:

chrisv:
so I put it on break.

Its a LEGAL REQUIREMENT to account for all the time when the card is not inserted and you are doing other work IE; paperwork etc, there is NO DEBATE.

shullbit:

Zac_A:

Stephenjp:

chrisv:
so I put it on break.

Its a LEGAL REQUIREMENT to account for all the time when the card is not inserted and you are doing other work IE; paperwork etc, there is NO DEBATE.

Our place wants Digi card entries to match our start and finish times.
IE manual entries for start and finish. And best practice is to select rest mode before ejecting.

Incase you make a mistake or distracted no long periods of others work.

And regards rest mode on ejecting, when you do a manual entry, that rest mode won’t show.

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

shullbit:

Zac_A:

Stephenjp:

chrisv:
so I put it on break.

Handed keys and paperwork in yesterday was then told I had to sit and watch a video on dignity and respect… Ffs on a Friday and I’m on holiday after my shift!!!

So that’ll be more than 5 minutes manual entry!!! :unamused:

Dignity and respect■■? Where tf was this? [emoji23]

stu675:
Dignity and respect■■? Where tf was this? [emoji23]

XPO Gloucester!

I think that’s what it was… lol :wink:

I nearly got punched at an XPO yesterday, so maybe it’s needed. [emoji1787]

stu675:
I nearly got punched at an XPO yesterday, so maybe it’s needed. [emoji1787]

I’m not surprised, they do get uptight especially the warehouse staff!!!

I’m on a contract job and for some reason they like to mess us about, its probably because we get more pay than them!