digi card

As I understand it, I could send off for a digi tacho card before I pass cat c. Am I right in thinking this? Got my cat c training in a couple of weeks so if this is one less thing to get out of the way I wouldn`t mind sorting it out now.

I have cat “C” soon too, starts next monday, test fri , i also have aquired rights and CPC completed , so I sent off for DIGI early, thinking if i pass im ready to go.
nothing stopping you form d777b download from GOV. and print , send off fee with postal order or cheque.

Mine took about 2 weeks to come, so going for it now should save you some time later, my printer was no good so went to a library ,15pence, then postal order. no need to send licence offetc , as long as you have the photo licence already they have got your details .

Thanks for the info. I dont have aquired rights on my license just cat b, no c1 or b+e. Got the form from the dvla ready. Suppose theres no harm sending off. What`s the worse that could happen :smiley:

as long as you have “B” you will get it, good luck with test :sunglasses:
be a shame to pass test then have to wait till new year for DIGI CARD

Yeah thanks. Good luck with yours also. :smiley: You going in for c+e after?

if i get some work with “C”, and believe the work is there, yes asap . thats my aim. at 50 yrs old i need a sit down job :laughing:

I`m going for c+e as soon as I can all going well. At 35 I need a sit down job :wink:

not sure where you are but im up in the northeast seems to be plenty work and whole area got big companies,and agencies. i mailed 2 agencies to test the water for work, via my 7.5 tonne ready to go, and had calls off two. so it looks promising. i never took the work will wait till ive got “C” sorted, i done some 7.5 many years ago, not alot but enough to know i could go in without too much worry.

Im down in south wales. Not really too sure what to expect when I approach agencies looking for work. Have been a carpenter all my working life so its all new to me.

Dont expect a warm welcome, they are not interested in YOUonly your licence, and the money they will make from it , the only hope you get, is the fact youve just passed your test and have proven you can drive, you just need some work to prove to them you can do what is needed, if they let you, use them for EXP or if youve got companies local go direct.

that said some prefer them