Digi card return

how long on avg. does the digi card take to come back? It says on the form 15 working days, is this the case or does it take a little longer? Also if I haven’t received my digi card but get offered work am I allowed to run the 15 days without it or is that just for replacements cards?

Danny_b:
how long on avg. does the digi card take to come back? It says on the form 15 working days, is this the case or does it take a little longer? Also if I haven’t received my digi card but get offered work am I allowed to run the 15 days without it or is that just for replacements cards?

If it’s your first card you cannot drive a vehicle fitted with a digital tachograph until the card arrives.

I’ve generally had my replacement cards back in a week, but I don’t know how long it takes for a first card.

■■■■!!! I had an interview yesterday and if all is well it looks like a start on monday but I only sent away for my digi card last week, so looking to the first week of next month before it’s back giving the 15 working days.

Danny_b:
■■■■!!! I had an interview yesterday and if all is well it looks like a start on monday but I only sent away for my digi card last week, so looking to the first week of next month before it’s back giving the 15 working days.

Give Dvla a call and just ask them you never know…
could be a week could be 2 if you ring them they’ll check where in the system it is.

cheers guys, I have called the local DVLA office, they have taken my details blah blah and will get back to me asap.

if the company has company smart cards could I drive using one of those?

Danny_b:

NO
The company card is not a drivers card , they are used for other purposes …

Danny_b:

The company will almost certainly have a company card and no you cannot use it for driving.

the DVLA can’t find my application even with it being sent RD last wed :angry:! sods law I’ll get offered this job (that’ll be 2 offers I couldn’t take :cry:)
I’ll have to go to the bank in the morning and cancle the cheque, not amused. It’s just been one thing after another, (I used a broker, I know :unamused:) getting this far. At least I passed all the tests first time eh.

panic over, the job didn’t materialise.