Digi card records

I did a printout today and noticed at the bottom of the printout, where the “irregularities” are listed, is a “05” coding from my previous truck on the 16.11.2012!
I didnt think it would remember such a thing as far back, whatever “05” is.

Don`t know if this sheds any light, gazzer?

techtransa.lt/Faults_and_Eve … e_Unit.pdf

Thanks for that ■■■■■■■. I have saved the list for future info.
It’s not the irregularity I’m questioning, it’s the date (18months or so ago) and the reg no of a vehicle long gone I did drive.
What this indicates is that the digi card may hold 28 days of tacho info but it seems to hold a whole lot more than is publicised! Nervy stuff!

gazzer:
Thanks for that ■■■■■■■. I have saved the list for future info.
It’s not the irregularity I’m questioning, it’s the date (18months or so ago) and the reg no of a vehicle long gone I did drive.
What this indicates is that the digi card may hold 28 days of tacho info but it seems to hold a whole lot more than is publicised! Nervy stuff!

mines got over 12 months on it and I tramp 5 days a week :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

If you ever get the chance when you are downloading your card open up the computer programme and take a look at your details, you will be surprised how far back the information that is held goes back. Used to able to do this at a previous firm I worked for and it was an eye opener, anyone who believes the myth that it only holds 28 days and then overwrites itself is sadly deluded and misinformed.

Faults etc are stored on the card independently of the driving/working/break data, so they can (and indeed usually do) remain readable for a long time - often as long as the life of the card. I think 48 “faults” and 72 “events” can be stored, and only when you reach those limits do the earliest ones get overwritten.

Coffeeholic explained this perfectly a few years ago, but the basic gist of it is that nobody claimed that they only stored 28 days before overwriting, that figure was reached to ensure that your card was downloaded before the chance of an overwrite occurred.

If we call every change of mode (ie stopping and starting) a recordable event there are X number of events a card is capable of storing, so basically a guy doing town centre multi drops will record far more “events” than a distance guy doing one drop and 9 hours driving per day.

Once the card has reached X number (can’t recall the exact figure tbh) it will then start to overwrite the old info. Hope I explained that ok as it sounded better in my head than when I reread it! :smiley:

For the record I’ve just scrolled back through mine and the earliest date is 20/11/13. But I try to have too many events. :smiley:

I think that every time you download your card it should also delete anything over 28 days old, digi users are at a disadvantage to analogue user, and that can’t be right!

the maoster:
Coffeeholic explained this perfectly a few years ago, but the basic gist of it is that nobody claimed that they only stored 28 days before overwriting, that figure was reached to ensure that your card was downloaded before the chance of an overwrite occurred.

If we call every change of mode (ie stopping and starting) a recordable event there are X number of events a card is capable of storing, so basically a guy doing town centre multi drops will record far more “events” than a distance guy doing one drop and 9 hours driving per day.

Once the card has reached X number (can’t recall the exact figure tbh) it will then start to overwrite the old info. Hope I explained that ok as it sounded better in my head than when I reread it! :smiley:

For the record I’ve just scrolled back through mine and the earliest date is 20/11/13. But I try to have too many events. :smiley:

You probably could do a a printout for every day that it’ll allow to and then count up all the events and then you’ll have an answer, it’ll take a lot of time and rolls though , something to consider when at an Asda chilled site.

Ta Gents.

If I remember correctly a printout shows the 5 most recent events/faults on your card, it also shows the 5 most recent events/faults for the vehicle.