Digi card print out ruling

aranger:
Started back Agency with a company and they said they have never had a card reader, so it was surprising to read that.

There is another Office but its ten miles up the road and all they wanted was a printout every day at this one.

Worked there the last 6 out of 8 weeks.

Assuming that you’re referring to the transport company and not the agency I agree with Harry, they’d better hope VOSA don’t catch up with them.

tachograph:

aranger:
Started back Agency with a company and they said they have never had a card reader, so it was surprising to read that.

There is another Office but its ten miles up the road and all they wanted was a printout every day at this one.

Worked there the last 6 out of 8 weeks.

Assuming that you’re referring to the transport company and not the agency I agree with Harry, they’d better hope VOSA don’t catch up with them.

Yes the Company, not small either and a belter of a contract.

Night shift theres nobody there when you get back, you leave paperwork in a box.

So next time I was dayshift and told them to do my card I was told they don’t have a card reader “we just take printouts”, had to go down and do 2 weeks worth, well over 28 days now.

Maybe there full timers get to the other Office but I certainly don’t, it wasn’t mentioned at all and it will involve quite a bit of agency.

Thanks for that because I did wonder at the time having barely ever took a print out, they must have been doing this for years. lol

Not wanting to get them in trouble though, its a cracking job but no real long runs except trunking, great guys too.

So if I need to delete this post let me know.

Quinny:
I want to prove that it’s not law to carry a printout, and that as has been said, only VOSA and Plod can request you do so hence the request for a definitive answer.

As tachograph has said this is one of those things where the proof is the fact that there isn’t actually anything written down to say you have to do daily printouts, so it’s not really possible to quote a section of the regulations in favour of your argument as it’s the lack of a written rule that is your proof…

That said, my policy was always that if they want one, I’ll print one. I decided years ago that most/all agency staff are eejits and that arguing with them about stuff is largely a waste of time so it’s easier to just blindly do what they ask in cases like this.

Paul

The only time you need to do digi printouts is when you need to explain a driving break over-run or compromise, and you have to keep it with you for a month. Don’t do what one muppet did and keep them hanging in his cab with a bulldog clip, thy’re photo sensetive, i.e. fade in too much sunlight.

REMEMBER…YOU MUST NOW BY LAW HAVE WITH YOU 3 YES 3 SPARE ROLLS…

Remember… You must now by law have with you 3 yes 3 spare rolls…

I fixed your capslock for you. dd. :wink:

It may seem daft, but if the law says we must have three rolls, why can`t Vosa supply their own rolls if they want to do a printout at a road side check point.

ozzydog:

Perhaps you could provide a link to this new rule or is this something your mate told you :slight_smile:

toby1234abc:
It may seem daft, but if the law says we must have three rolls, why can`t Vosa supply their own rolls if they want to do a printout at a road side check point.

that’s a pretty fair comment.
or send them a bill for using yours. £1 per printout.

repton:
I decided years ago that most/all agency staff are eejits and that arguing with them about stuff is largely a waste of time so it’s easier to just blindly do what they ask

+1

Harry Monk:
A print-out every day? Jesus H Christ, have you seen the price of that paper? :open_mouth:

If I ever run over I just make a note of it in my diary and on my analysis sheet.

yeah go to a truck dealer and pay anything upto £25 for 3 rolls, go too southwaite services n/b (near carlisle) and they sell em at £11 for 3 rolls, go on ebay and you can buy 60 rolls for about £36 off a guy there.
my gaffer complained that i was using too much printer rolls ( 1 a month) so i bought my own off the guy on ebay for cheaper than the boss can buy it from the local motor factor.

tachograph:

ozzydog:

Perhaps you could provide a link to this new rule or is this something your mate told you :slight_smile:

wish it was something my mate told me… but vosa told me…hardly a mate■■?

ozzydog:

tachograph:

ozzydog:

I can’t think of any possible reason why you would ever need 3 rolls of print paper, I think he was talking rubbish :wink:

I seem to remember a few years ago the issue of how many rolls is “sufficient spare rolls” to carry came up, without trawling through the legislation and old threads I remember the consensus was that enough for 15 days of printouts was all that’s legally required, which for me would be the one in the head and a spare roll. I’ve not heard any different via the various email shots I get from CM & VOSA, so I presume nothing has changed. For me personally I make sure that there’s a spare in my truck AND one in my bag should I, for whatever reason, end up in a spare motor.

ozzydog:

tachograph:

ozzydog:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

go and find the VOSA man who told you this, and hit him with the biggest wet fish that you can get your hands on, and then ask him if his other job is a stand up comedian :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the rule is, you need enough paper to print out what the VOSA officer requires, and i can’t think of why that would use 1 full roll, let alone 3 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

it is advisable to have a roll in the machine and a spare roll, but, not compulsory, it is not even compulsory to have a roll in the machine if you have a spare roll in your possession

Thanks Limeyphil, if they want to look we could all invoice them to use our paper, they worked out it would cost them, so once again the driver has to bend over and swallow the rule to the letter and we all do nothing about it. :grimacing:

dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/R … Europe.pdf

REFER TO PAGE 36