Digi card not being used

Hi guys … My 06 plate is still on a paper tacho … but I had to get a driver card as I was going to change my works 4x4 which I tow with, and the new one would have needed a tacho … I got the card last September … however the deal never happened … I know the card is supposed to be downloaded every 28 days, but as Ive never used it, Ive done nothing about it … Is this ok ? … or will I get humped for non compliance :unamused: The chances are I will need it in a year or so, so dont want to surrender it . Cheers :wink:

cant see it being a problem you cant download whats not there

that and you have paper tachos to cover your activity since getting the card.

Just remember YOU MUST keep the card with you when working.

although your not using it, it is still a requirement to carry it whilst driving on paper discs
but you prob no that anyway

FlatbedFlyer:
Hi guys … My 06 plate is still on a paper tacho … but I had to get a driver card as I was going to change my works 4x4 which I tow with, and the new one would have needed a tacho … I got the card last September … however the deal never happened … I know the card is supposed to be downloaded every 28 days, but as Ive never used it, Ive done nothing about it … Is this ok ? … or will I get humped for non compliance :unamused: The chances are I will need it in a year or so, so dont want to surrender it . Cheers :wink:

The driver card should be downloaded the firs time the driver drives for a company, then no later than 28 days from the first day the driver drives after the last download.

However the point of downloading the card is to ensure the driver is complying with the regulations, I believe you’re an owner driver in which case it’s a bit pointless because you know better than anyone that you haven’t used the card :smiley:

Personally I wouldn’t bother about it and I’d be amazed if even the most pedantic VOSA bod bothered about it :wink:

tachograph:
I believe you’re an owner driver

:astonished: Yes I am for my sins :slight_smile: … the more I read into it … these cards seem like a shed load of hassle :open_mouth:

Anyway thanks for your help folks :sunglasses:

nick2008:
Just remember YOU MUST keep the card with you when working.

Or risk £300.00 fine and parked up for 24 hrs :open_mouth:

hanson:

On a similar note, I am an agency driver, using a digicard. I haven’t had any work since 19 December, despite being registered with 3 different agencies. As I haven’t been working, my card hasn’t been downloaded since then, and I seem to recall, the last people I worked for during that week didn’t want to download my card either, so all in all, it probably hasn’t been downloaded for 8 or 9 weeks. Is this likely to be a problem? None of the agencies were remotely interested either

:confused:

quaser:

hanson:

On a similar note, I am an agency driver, using a digicard. I haven’t had any work since 19 December, despite being registered with 3 different agencies. As I haven’t been working, my card hasn’t been downloaded since then, and I seem to recall, the last people I worked for during that week didn’t want to download my card either, so all in all, it probably hasn’t been downloaded for 8 or 9 weeks. Is this likely to be a problem? None of the agencies were remotely interested either

its not your responsibility to download your card its the vehicle operator
if you made it available to be downloaded you have fulfilled your obligations :wink:

quaser:

hanson:

As long as you made your card available for download when you last worked it’s not your problem, the drivers only responsibly is to make the card available, if the company don’t download it that’s their problem not yours :wink:

Not many agencies have facilities to download the card data, and they have no responsibility to download the data anyway, it’s the transport company where you work that has a legal responsibility to download the driver card data.

To be honest as an agency driver all you need to do is make your driver card available for download at every job, if it’s downloaded fine, if not that’s also fine, at companies I don’t know I’ve always asked if they want to download my card, most do a few don’t, either way I’ve done my job so that’s all I care about.

You won’t get into any trouble for not having your card downloaded, don’t shout about it to VOSA if you get stopped though, there’s no point in creating problems for companies :wink:

tachograph:
As long as you made your card available for download when you last worked it’s not your problem, the drivers only responsibly is to make the card available, if the company don’t download it that’s their problem not yours :wink:

Not many agencies have facilities to download the card data, and they have no responsibility to download the data anyway, it’s the transport company where you work that has a legal responsibility to download the driver card data.

To be honest as an agency driver all you need to do is make your driver card available for download at every job, if it’s downloaded fine, if not that’s also fine, at companies I don’t know I’ve always asked if they want to download my card, most do a few don’t, either way I’ve done my job so that’s all I care about.

You won’t get into any trouble for not having your card downloaded, don’t shout about it to VOSA if you get stopped though, there’s no point in creating problems for companies :wink:

Much thanks for this, tachograph. Puts my mind at rest. I always ask if they want to download the card, but as you say, a lot can’t be ar$$ed. :astonished:

Hopefully, it won’t be a problem for too long. I’m trying to get out of the driving game, time I got back into a proper job, as opposed to what has always been for me, a ‘hobby’ job.

:wink:

We had a new driver start on Tuesday and turn up was all he could do. He didn’t have a digicard but thought he could drive a digi truck because he’d applied for a card.
He was sent home and we’ve not heard from him since.

Can’t see that being a problem on a roadside check to be honest. They seem to be looking for Mr. Polish who’s running bent so he can cough up and contribute towards their wages

Why not just download your card tho, takes 2 mins.

TonyL:
Can’t see that being a problem on a roadside check to be honest. They seem to be looking for Mr. Polish who’s running bent so he can cough up and contribute towards their wages

Why not just download your card tho, takes 2 mins.

My experience, such as it is, is that in smaller traffic offices the equipment isn’t set up permanently, so it is a PITA for the traffic bod to find it, plug it in, etc etc. So it just gets left. I was more worried cos I hadn’t worked since before Christmas, so I’ve had no opportunity to get the card downloaded.

:wink:

if your not working the card aint filling up
it will
hold more than 28 days info

The info will be on your card next time it’s downloaded.

It’s up to the operator to download it, not you or the agency.

No need to worry as far as I can see.