Digi card manual entry

How do you change the finish time on a manual entry . I am talking about the new siemens unit
when you put card in it come up name then manual entry yes ok than it comes up with your finish time and the current time.I can change current time i just can’t change finish time any ideas.

I have tried the simulators but can’t find the latest tacho ones.

Not really sure what you’re on about but just take card out when you finish and then do a manual entry in the morning with your finish time for the previous day, you will probably add 5 or 10 mins on for extras like de-brief for example.

fingermissing:
I have tried the simulators but can’t find the latest tacho ones.

This should help :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_K0HEA029Q

The finish time is fixed as thats when you ejected the card -
what you need to do is manually enter a time say 1 minute after the finish time and then tell the tacho you did other work or what ever you did after ejecting the card - continue adding the manual entries making sure you have the right break
cheers
Steve

gm:
The finish time is fixed as thats when you ejected the card -
what you need to do is manually enter a time say 1 minute after the finish time and then tell the tacho you did other work or what ever you did after ejecting the card - continue adding the manual entries making sure you have the right break
cheers
Steve

Why add 1 minute onto finish time and then do manual entry ?

Thank you everybody .You tube why didn’t i think of that.

So say I drove a digital Tacho truck on Monday, then paper Tacho till Thursday, and back on digital on Friday, is that where I should record the “?” as the gap in records covered by the paper Tacho cards?

ibson:
So say I drove a digital Tacho truck on Monday, then paper Tacho till Thursday, and back on digital on Friday, is that where I should record the “?” as the gap in records covered by the paper Tacho cards?

I simply leave the inbetween days as rest, after taking into account genuine finsish and start times for last and current ‘digi’ days, you could be there hours trying to make some sort of copy of your tacho disc.

Think i’m one of the very few in our yard who try to make proper manaul entries, most of the lads just stick the card in and bugger off to do their checks, eventually the spy machine does give up asking and lets you drive.

Can’t think why the Siemans/VDO digi needed to be changed, the previous manual entry system was easy to use, apart from fast forward that always skipped at least one hour past the point you wanted as it flashed.

Still infinitely better than trying to do a manual on an old style Stonebridge, bloody satan must have designed that after he’d perfected… :open_mouth: ZF autobox hell.