Digi card malfunction

Hi all i droped my digi card and then trod on it yesterday causing it to read card error and spit it out of the tacho. I called the dvla who were very helpful and gave me a case number to give police and vosa if im stoped and said to keep manual records until i get a new card.
I spoke to my office who werent sure how to do this. I have done a veichle print out yesterday and today and put my details on the back and will keep them for 28 days then hand them in. Does anyone know if this is acceptable.

i maybe wrong but i think u have to do a printout before you start aswell thats what a company i worked for said to do anyway

its fine.

hyper26:
i maybe wrong but i think u have to do a printout before you start aswell thats what a company i worked for said to do anyway

We drive the same truck every day and they are single shifted so the millages each day should match up.

Printout at start of shift and the same at the end. Sign them and include your name and digi card or licence number. Keep them for at least 28 days and no more than 42 days, starting from the day after the record is for.

Got this from VOSA, hope it helps:

"Where it is impossible to use a driver card (e.g. where it has been lost, stolen or damaged or is
malfunctioning) a driver may drive without the card for a maximum of 15 calendar days (or longer
if this is necessary for the vehicle to be returned to its premises) provided that he produces two printouts —
one at the start of the journey and another at the end. Both printouts must be marked with:

the driver’s name or driver card or licence number, so the driver can be identified;

any manual entries needed to show periods of other work, availability, and rest or break; and

the driver’s signature.
SECTION 5: Tachograph rules
The driver must report the problem to DVLA and apply for a new card within 7 calendar days."

kr79:
Hi all i droped my digi card and then trod on it yesterday causing it to read card error and spit it out of the tacho. I called the dvla who were very helpful and gave me a case number to give police and vosa if im stoped and said to keep manual records until i get a new card.
I spoke to my office who werent sure how to do this. I have done a veichle print out yesterday and today and put my details on the back and will keep them for 28 days then hand them in. Does anyone know if this is acceptable.
according to vosa book on drivers hours you must do a printout at beginning and end of shift
both printouts must be marked with- the drivers name or driver card or license number so the driver can be identified
any manual entries needed to show periods of other work,availability,and rest or break,and the drivers signature.
this is what i did when mine paxked up a week or so ago, which was totally the opposite to what office said :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

Coffeeholic:
Printout at start of shift and the same at the end. Sign them and include your name and digi card or licence number. Keep them for at least 28 days and no more than 42 days, starting from the day after the record is for.

jeez another driver who doesnt bother with manual entries, hope vosa aint reading this :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ady1:

Coffeeholic:

jeez another driver who doesnt bother with manual entries, hope vosa aint reading this :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I make manual entries at the start of every shift so you don’t need to worry about VOSA reading it. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: