Digi card left in overnight - question

In a rush tonight I left my digi card in the slot. Presume it will now show I have been on ‘other work’ since 4.30pm today until 6.30am in the morning :open_mouth:
Anyone know if it is an offence or not. When I go back to wagon in morning am I supposed to write something on the printout etc ?
Shall I just ignore it ? :question:

Cheers

:laughing: :laughing:

OOPS:exclamation: :unamused:

Done it myself. Just do a printout of today and tomorrow and write the reason down.
Nowt to worry about.

Thanks Tezza, that’s a relief. Bet plenty of others have done it :wink:

tezza:
Done it myself. Just do a printout of today and tomorrow and write the reason down.
Nowt to worry about.

That’s exactly what i’ve done in the past,never had any come backs.

do 2 printouts hand one in after 28 or whatever days
keep the other for your records i suggest 365 days
if their is a come back the company will have lost your record

Done this before matey. If you’ve done for example 2 hours driving before ‘end of shift’ your digi will come up NO1 Break after 2 hours 15 mins driving as you’ve not entered a break.

Do a print out to hand in after 28 days, but wouldnt worry about it. Its a one off mistake, any enforcement officer will be able to see that. The amount of time on other work, and fact it prob ties in with your normal daily rests means its easilly seen as just a mistake, rather than any thing else.

when you leave the card in overnite do you just set it to break?

Mr B:

AFAIK our trampers leave the digi in and put it on break for 11 or 9hrs, the card is in from sunday to friday and only comes out if working away from vehicle or jumping into another unit.

You still have to make a manual entry anyway, you need to enter your starting place, so a printout and a manual entry will suffice.

Mr B:

You do, and also enter your end country then enter start country before resuming work.

Best thing to do is leave your card in all the time, only take it out when necessary, ie to download. Just rember to put tacho on to break. So much easier than the old discs. No start or finish places or milage totals.

Niko:
No start or finish places or milage totals.

You do actually have to enter your start and finish places. For most of us its UK, as mentioned above.

I never have. End of day, on to break thats it. Bed, next morning, on to work,check around truck then away.

Mike-C:
You do actually have to enter your start and finish places. For most of us its UK, as mentioned above.

Niko:
I never have. End of day, on to break thats it. Bed, next morning, on to work,check around truck then away.

You should :wink:

Page 33 - Drivers hours rules
:
When driving a vehicle that is equipped with a digital tachograph, drivers should:

~snip~

record the country in which they begin and end their daily work period. This must always be carried out at the time of the start or end of the period, even if the card is not to be withdrawn or inserted (for example if the card is left in overnight

Niko:

Two offences per working day for however long you have had the card. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Better hope you don’t upset VOSA with any serious infringements and they lump all those in when they prosecute. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

Niko:

Two offences per working day for however long you have had the card. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Better hope you don’t upset VOSA with any serious infringements and they lump all those in when they prosecute. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the reason I always eject at the end of a day.

Although I’m not far short of starting a Rage Against the Machine period, I am (almost) grateful that by ejecting every evening, it reminds me of what I need to do, and again in the morning when I put it back in.