Digi card in or out when out over night?

Dipper_Dave:
Leave mine in to soak but would take it out if I had one of them dodgy tachos that change mode to other work when ignition is switched off.

We have a few in our fleet and I have informed my employer these are in my opinion illegal and interfere with the drivers legal obligation to select the correct mode for the duties they are performing. They should be corrected asap.

However like most things I tell them they looked all confused and took no notice.

I had a Renault that changed to other work for a minute then back to bed at midnight when it was the end of the month.

The only explanaition I have is… Renault. :laughing:

A.

Dipper_Dave:
I’d love to work for a boss with a sense of humour or even an old school one like back in the day.

If my first gaffer was asked what should I do with my card he would reply along the lines of: “Shove it up your arse for all I care it’s your name on it. Oh and stop masterbating on company premises”.

:laughing: …these are the ones to work for, far better than the ones spouting 'corporate logistics customer care bollox…

AndrewG:

Dipper_Dave:
I’d love to work for a boss with a sense of humour or even an old school one like back in the day.

If my first gaffer was asked what should I do with my card he would reply along the lines of: “Shove it up your arse for all I care it’s your name on it. Oh and stop masterbating on company premises”.

:laughing: …these are the ones to work for, far better than the ones spouting 'corporate logistics customer care bollox…

Yep. A boss you can go and talk to/shout at. Some of them may even listen! Doesnt mean theyll agree with you tho.

Our company insists that we remove the card if on a night out, on the grounds that if we don’t it gives false info to the telemetry systems; it comes up as “linked day” whatever that is.

I have raised the point that if I leave my card in, my break is officially recorded rather than being an assumption. Was told that company policy has to be followed.

Ironically, another ruling has since appeared to the effect that are also required to fill in a slip of paper if we have to make a manual entry for whatever reason.

I gave up asking after that. Apparently they know best.

Thanks for all your help! Amazing response.

SimonTaka:

if you’re a tramper? :grimacing: why would you take it out? :sunglasses:

Out.

Re: Digi card in or out when out over night?
Post by nick2008 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Out.
Post by Fatboy slimslow » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:50 pm

SimonTaka wrote:

Glad you found the above helpful. . . .
As always you are Captain of your own ship. Listen to all advice and then take the command decision.

Fatboy slimslow:

SimonTaka:

Im only asking because most other drivers I’ve asked say you should pull it out. Maybe they like to pull there card so they can move or drive without there card!

Franglais:

Out.

SimonTaka wrote:

As always you are Captain of your own ship. Listen to all advice and then take the command decision.

Yeh I think I will be leaving my card in as it is easier. Thanks for your advice (some tacho rules are kinda blurry)

SimonTaka:

Franglais:

Out.

SimonTaka wrote:

Yeh I think I will be leaving my card in as it is easier. Thanks for your advice (some tacho rules are kinda blurry)

Just remember you still need to end country as you can’t just turn it to rest and walk away :wink:

My card comes out every night
Truck has a second generation Stone ridge tacho so it asks end country UK then you press ok and it spits card out

SimonTaka:

Fatboy slimslow:

SimonTaka:

Im only asking because most other drivers I’ve asked say you should pull it out. Maybe they like to pull there card so they can move or drive without there card!

I pull it as if parked in the yard some one else could move it and not put it back on break

blue estate:
My card comes out every night
Truck has a second generation Stone ridge tacho so it asks end country UK then you press ok and it spits card out

They all do that on withdraw. I’m talking at the end of shift even when leaving card in you need to tell it you finished in the UK .

Out all time, in case you pull in to a lay by at night, and the trailer has blocked a gate to a field and the tractor wants access .
Move the truck a few feet without disrupting the daily rest period .
Card out , in case of getting robbed in the night, drive away when they are in the trailer.
Drivers running abroad, leave it in all the time to prove rest periods .
Spain requires the county you start and end in, for example , start in the Basque , end in Andulucia, fines for driving on religious festivals and public holidays .

Company policy is to take it out and then do manual entry for rest period as leaving it in can interfere with Iso trak download.

toby1234abc:
Out all time, in case you pull in to a lay by at night, and the trailer has blocked a gate to a field and the tractor wants access .
Move the truck a few feet without disrupting the daily rest period .
Card out , in case of getting robbed in the night, drive away when they are in the trailer.
Drivers running abroad, leave it in all the time to prove rest periods .
Spain requires the county you start and end in, for example , start in the Basque , end in Andulucia, fines for driving on religious festivals and public holidays .

If someone is intent on robbing me or putting me at risk the last thing I’m going to be caring about is a machine that records my working hours :unamused:

A.

If I’m away from base and no one else will drive the card stays in, manually enter country for end and beginning of the shift, it’s quicker and easier than taking out and putting it back each day.
Back at base card out in case somebody else uses the truck.

SimonTaka:
I think leave it in but other drivers are telling me I’m meant to be pulling my card.

Those drivers telling you that you must take you card out are wrong, if you couldn’t keep your card in this wouldn’t be in the regs.

record the country in which they begin and end their daily work period. This must always be carried
out at the time of the start or end of the period, even if the card is not to be withdrawn or inserted
(for example if the card is left in overnight);

SimonTaka:

Fatboy slimslow:

SimonTaka:

never move it with a card out! Even in the yard. Stobrats will verify. :grimacing: