Digi Card - faulty / replacement

Alrite Drive…

I know there is a thread on here somewhere about Digi Cards not working / being replaced. Mine has a couple of times shown as CARD ERROR 48, but I just ok it and it seems to record ok.

Anyway - I had the letter from DVLA as the card is within the issue dates they are looking at, but it says to send the card back with the form…

Surely I need to keep it… letter says just do print outs and write driver details on them; but what about the previous 28 days that are on the card…?

Not your problem. The card belongs to the secretary of state for transport and he wants his property back.

So give it to him. :smiley:

Just make sure you get your card downloaded before you send it off. That way all your driving data will be stored on the office computer. DVLA will probably issue you with a reference number to quote in the event you get stopped by VOSA or PC Plod. They will check this number to find out the exact circumstances of you not driving with a card in with the DVLA. But you will need to take a print out at the start and end of your shift as your driving record.

Mine failed a couple of weeks back phone them up and they give you a reference no, if you search on here there was a thread all about it

Ive had the same fault, Ijust downloaded all that was on the card and sent my card off to DVLA. Had a letter off them saying faulty batch of cards.
What entries do you have to do when making manual entries, is it just driver details or everything from driving time, other work and rest breaks?

Scouse67:
Ive had the same fault, Ijust downloaded all that was on the card and sent my card off to DVLA. Had a letter off them saying faulty batch of cards.
What entries do you have to do when making manual entries, is it just driver details or everything from driving time, other work and rest breaks?

Take a vehicle printout at start of day and a vehicle printout end of day, fill in the second printout with your details name,driver number etc staple them together.

Use the mode switch for your breaks as normal the tacho head still collects this information it just cant place this information to a driver without a card.

You dont need to fill in the graph on the back with driving,breaks etc that is only if the actual tacho head is faulty, its your card that is faulty.

Thanks for the info Merc0447, I’m on multidrop so didn’t fancy having to fill the back of the roll in. :slight_smile: