Digi card error50

Good afternoon.As title-my digi card throws this code up.phoned DVLA,and they say I’m OK to drive for up to 15 days,and have given me a ref.no.to quote if stopped.No problem,as my boss had no work for next week.BUT-just been offered a run to Spain going tonight which I can’t really afford to turn down.Anybody know if this ref.no will be acceptable to the Gendarmerie and Guardia Civil. Thanks.

browncow2:
Good afternoon.As title-my digi card throws this code up.phoned DVLA,and they say I’m OK to drive for up to 15 days,and have given me a ref.no.to quote if stopped.No problem,as my boss had no work for next week.BUT-just been offered a run to Spain going tonight which I can’t really afford to turn down.Anybody know if this ref.no will be acceptable to the Gendarmerie and Guardia Civil. Thanks.

spain is in the EU i would think it may be OK just remember you digi card number to right on the print outs and remember to take two one at start of shift and one at end should be OK that if you are driving a truck with digi tacho

but i will stand corrected

Thanks for answering delboytwo.Must admit in the absence of any replies,I was thinking much the same way.All digi countries must have a plan for this sort of thing I would have thought.After all,you can’t be expected to sit at home if the card goes t#ts up.

You should be all right but you will need to do printouts at the start and end of the shift.

Depends how much you enjoy arguing and how good you are at sticking to your guns. Given that the enforcement officers in both those countries are prone tomake up rules and try to impose fines for non existent infringements it is a pretty safe bet they will try to fine you if you are stopped. If you are happy to stand your ground, argue your corner and demand to see someone higher up the food chain then go for it. As long as you follow the correct procedure regarding start and end of shift print outs you would be legal.

Thanks for the answers,Guys.Bl**dy job fell through anyway. :imp: Still,got some work next week(I hope).BTW I can’t see this post until I log in.Is that normal,or have I done something daft?

browncow2:
BTW I can’t see this post until I log in.Is that normal,or have I done something daft?

It’s normal, this forum is for registered members only. Some forums can be viewed with out being logged but those which are for registered members only obviously require logging in to view.

Coffeeholic:

browncow2:
BTW I can’t see this post until I log in.Is that normal,or have I done something daft?

It’s normal, this forum is for registered members only. Some forums can be viewed with out being logged but those which are for registered members only obviously require logging in to view.

Thanks for that,but I can see and view every other topic on here without logging in.Shame I can’t find a ‘confused’ smilie 'cos I am.

browncow2:

Coffeeholic:

browncow2:

Thanks for that,but I can see and view every other topic on here without logging in.Shame I can’t find a ‘confused’ smilie 'cos I am.

you could do this :confused: :slight_smile: