DIGI Card - End of Shift WTD

Hi,

I recently passed my Class C and have started my 1st day with a Agency. I was contracted a 1 day shift of 07.00 - 16.00 (although could have been required longer), I had 15mins break in the morning and I had 30 mins at 14.40 (for WTD) as I was still well under my driving hours as alot of the work is “Other Work”.

As I finalized my break, the Transport Manager said as the work was done I could just go home which was at 15.15, I left it on break and done a Print-out

I have read somewhere you shouldn’t start and end with a break therefore is there is anything I need to do for any future explanation?

Any help would be of great assist.

Thanks

Your print out means squat. When you next do your manual entry to close the end of your last shift put ? On other work then daily / weekly rest then your start of duty manual entry . Job done that way you have not had a break going into a rest period

nick2008:
Your print out means squat. When you next do your manual entry to close the end of your last shift put ? On other work then daily / weekly rest then your start of duty manual entry . Job done that way you have not had a break going into a rest period

That will get him an infringement, as he will only be showing 15 minutes break in a shift of over 8 hours.

Easiest answer would have been to switch to Other Work for a minute before ejecting card, but as he’s already finished his shift and ejected his card he needs to do a manual entry next time he inserts his card to show at least one minute of Other Work at the end of his last shift.

Roymondo:

nick2008:

That will get him an infringement, as he will only be showing 15 minutes break in a shift of over 8 hours.

Easiest answer would have been to switch to Other Work for a minute before ejecting card, but as he’s already finished his shift and ejected his card he needs to do a manual entry next time he inserts his card to show at least one minute of Other Work at the end of his last shift.

Correct ^^

Roymondo:

nick2008:

Many many thanks.

bald bloke:

Roymondo:

nick2008:

Correct ^^

Sorry ray I ment by saying ? = Mins of other work till his end of shift . As you have said

Hi guys
Hope I’m posting in the correct form/topic

Short version
I’m going to have 90hours continues rest this week between thurs and Monday, can I use the 90hrs as a 45 in each week?

Long
For those of you that like a bit more info

Week 1, 45 hours+ from mon @ 22:00- 13:00 Thursday

Week 2/3, single rest from tues, 24 hours+, next rest from 20:00 Thursday till 14:00 on Monday, followed by 24 hours+ fri

Week 4, 24 hours+ Wednesday

Week 5, 24 hours+ Monday followed by 45 plus compensation for week 4 between Thursday evening and Monday afternoon.

Basically want to know if I can use the long rest period between Thursday and Monday of week 2 and 3 for a 45 in each week? And if that’s all legal.
Please elaborate guys

Thanks

Stuartyboy:
Hi guys
Hope I’m posting in the correct form/topic

Short version
I’m going to have 90hours continues rest this week between thurs and Monday, can I use the 90hrs as a 45 in each week?

Long
For those of you that like a bit more info

Week 1, 45 hours+ from mon @ 22:00- 13:00 Thursday

Week 2/3, single rest from tues, 24 hours+, next rest from 20:00 Thursday till 14:00 on Monday, followed by 24 hours+ fri

Week 4, 24 hours+ Wednesday

Week 5, 24 hours+ Monday followed by 45 plus compensation for week 4 between Thursday evening and Monday afternoon.

Basically want to know if I can use the long rest period between Thursday and Monday of week 2 and 3 for a 45 in each week? And if that’s all legal.
Please elaborate guys

Thanks

Yes that looks fine, it’s perfectly legal to use a 90 hour rest period as 2 back to back weekly rest periods as long as the 90 hour rest period crosses the 2 weeks in question.

To be honest, as this has nothing to do with the thread topic it would have been better to start another thread for this question :wink:

Thanks
Sorry, I have no idea how to start a new thread.

Stuartyboy:
Thanks
Sorry, I have no idea how to start a new thread.

Near the top left of each forum page there is a box saying NEW TOPIC - click that
Then put the title of the new topic/thread in the thin oblong box to the right of the word SUBJECT
Write as normal in the big text box
click PREVIEW at the bottom of the big text box and check both the SUBJECT and the text etc you put in the big text box are ok
Happy - if yes click SUBMIT

You can always go back to any post you make and click the EDIT box to change it