Digi Card Downloads

I know you have to have your digi card downloaded every 28 days - but when you do a “download” it does not remove the information, until it gets over written on say day 29 does it ?

I just wondered cause my old man gave a temp driver a right row this morn as he was printing off his day’s activites, and the lad said that the temp agency will download his card when he goes in for his shift so will loose the info■■?

A download doesn’t delete the info on the card.

A card can store a LOT more than 28 days info

As a driver, your responsibility is to make the card available for download, nothing else, so if it’s never downloaded, it’s not your problem :wink:

When the card is downloaded no data is lost from the card it’s just read and copied to the computer.

28 days is the minimum amount of data that a card is designed to hold but in reality most peoples cards will hold several months of records.

waynedl:
the lad said that the temp agency will download his card when he goes in for his shift so will loose the info■■?

Not many agencies have a card reader so can’t download the card, but what really puzzles me is that presumably your company downloaded the data from the card so why would the driver think that wouldn’t also delete the data from the card :confused:

He had asked dad for a spare roll to put back in the cab so the ole man wanted to know why he needed a spare roll, and the lad said he took a printout off every shift, and had just put the last roll in so wanted to leave a spare in the cab - can’t fault the lad for that, but then dad started to bang on about cost and stuff, and he is a worse technofobe than me !

Now maybe a mis-understanding here - that the agency need a print out for them to bill us - or maybe an mis-understanding from my ole man.

Thats done it now - he will lock the sodding rolls up now - arghg

my card now remember about 120 working day.

Hiya…i have a digi card but don,t work very often nowadays, i have seen
somewhere that you should always have at least one spare roll to download
any work that’s been done. i feel a bit sorry for your pop been tight, but times
are changing fast.i think i would maybe print off days worked if i was on the
agency to keep a record…yes i know i could buy my own rolls, i bet that vosa
will expect roll,s to be available to download manual entries days worked.
John

I’ve been doing agency work on and off for years and have rarely found it necessary to do printouts for an agency, if the agency want printouts they should supply the paper not expect the driver to steal it from the operator.

3300John:
Hiya…i have a digi card but don,t work very often nowadays, i have seen
somewhere that you should always have at least one spare roll to download
any work that’s been done. i feel a bit sorry for your pop been tight, but times
are changing fast.i think i would maybe print off days worked if i was on the
agency to keep a record…yes i know i could buy my own rolls, i bet that vosa
will expect roll,s to be available to download manual entries days worked.
John

if drivers don t have 1 spare printrolls and if stop VOSA,THEY CAN GIVE 60 OR 120 POUND PENALTY.

Infringement

Fine

Failure to ensure recording equipment installed in accordance with Article 3(1) of the community regulation.

£200.00

Failure to ensure proper use of the recording equipment in accordance with Article 13 of the community regulation.

£120.00

Failure to ensure the correct functioning of recording equipment or driver card in accordance with Article 13 of the community regulation.

£60.00

Failure to ensure the proper use of the driver card in accordance with Article 13 of the community regulation.

£200.00

Failure to ensure that printing can be carried out correctly in the event of an inspection (other than failure to provide sufficient printing material), in accordance with Article 14(1) of the community regulation.

£120.00

Failure to ensure that printing can be carried out correctly in the event of an inspection by a failure to provide sufficient printing material, in accordance with Article 14(1) of the community regulation.

£60.00

Using a driver card of which the driver is not the holder, contrary to Article 14(4)(a) of the community regulation.

£200.00

Using a defective card, contrary to Article 14(4)(a) of the community regulation.

£60.00

Failure at the start of the journey, to print out information, etc, in accordance with Article 15(1)(a) of the community regulation.

£120.00

Failure at the end of the journey, to print out information, etc, in accordance with Article 15(1)(b) of the community regulation.

£120.00

Failure to use record sheets or driver card, in accordance with 15 (2) of the community regulation.

£200.00

Unauthorised withdrawal of record sheet or driver card, contrary to Article 15(2) of the community regulation.

£120.00

Failure to enter legibly on the record sheet, when away from the vehicle, periods of time, in accordance with Article 15(2) of the community regulation.

£120.00
Failure to amend record sheet or driver card as necessary when more than one driver on board the vehicle, in accordance with Article 15(2) of the community regulation.
£120.00

What’s the source for that?

£60.00

Using a driver card of which the driver is not the holder, contrary to Article 14(4)(a) of the community regulation.

£120.00

Failure to ensure that printing can be carried out correctly in the event of an inspection by a failure to provide sufficient printing material, in accordance with Article 14(1) of the community regulation.

So the fine for using another driver’s card is half that for not having a paper roll?

You are misreading the table, Santa - the fines are listed below the offence. So not having a paper roll is £60, while using A N Other’s card is £200.

It’s been said time and time again and yet it still doesn’t seem to sink in… There is NO LEGAL obligation for a driver to carry a spare tacho roll. The law requires that you have enough paper for an offiial (vosa/police) to be able to take a printout from the tacho head. Most people understand this as a requirement to carry a spare roll (or two in case the first one runs out, or three in case … You get the picture). Of course if a picky official decided he wanted printouts for every day of the hundred days or so your card will have on it there could be problems. I personally would happily take that unlikely event to court to see the outcome.

Don’t company’s make sure you download the card.