digi card download

Hi

I have started with a company who are new to running a hgv. They are still waiting for the card reader and softw are to be delivered and its nearly 21 days not having my card downloaded.

Can I drive after the 21 days or refuse until it gets downloaded?

Just keep on driving drive, it’s their problem not yours.

It’s the companies legal responsibility to download the data from the driver card, your only legal responsibility is to make your card available for download.

As Héraultais said just keep going it’s not your problem.

By the way, the card has to be downloaded every 28 days not every 21 days so hopefully the company will have the card reading facilities in place before the 28 days is up, it’s a little amiss of them not to check your card when you started working for them but again that’s not your problem.

• any info will be on the head so its no biggie for you …

Whats the delay though? You can just buy everything you need to download over the counter so they really should have it in place by now

nick2008:

• any info will be on the head so its no biggie for you …

Any info will still be on his card in several months’ time!

tachograph:
It’s the companies legal responsibility to download the data from the driver card, your only legal responsibility is to make your card available for download.

By the way, the card has to be downloaded every 28 days not every 21 days so hopefully the company will have the card reading facilities in place before the 28 days is up, it’s a little amiss of them not to check your card when you started working for them but again that’s not your problem.

I’ve only had my card downloaded by about 3 companies that I’ve driven for.

Radar19:

tachograph:

Some companies don’t seem to bother, most reputable companies I’ve driven for download a drivers card before the first time he drives for them then at-least every 28 days.

tachograph:

Radar19:

tachograph:

Some companies don’t seem to bother, most reputable companies I’ve driven for download a drivers card before the first time he drives for them then at-least every 28 days.

Everytime I turned up at Noble Foods they asked for my driver card before a shift and after. Cartwrights asked for my card everytime I finished a shift. I know some companies run a 5 or 7 day rolling check. I guess I don’t work long enough at each company to fall into that.