Digi and print outs

Heard BS from driver in T****o waiting for our runs.
that if you do a print out, it is marked on the card info that you have done one and VOSA would want to see it if they checked your card or the unit.

Along with the usual “got to have 1/2 hour break cos of WTD blah blah!”

andy187:
Heard BS from driver in T****o waiting for our runs.
that if you do a print out, it is marked on the card info that you have done one and VOSA would want to see it if they checked your card or the unit.

Along with the usual “got to have 1/2 hour break cos of WTD blah blah!”

Semi bull. There are different type of printouts. There are heads that will record that a printout has been made, but unless you have reason to annotate the printout, VOSA or anyone else will not be interested in it. Don’t forget that the VU records every event, ie, time of card insertion, time of moving, time of stopping and driving, why should a printout be treated any differently?

Downloading or printing a card, doesn’t wipe it clean, neither does downloading the VU

And for your other point, it is 15 minutes only :stuck_out_tongue:

whilst changing a bulb on one of our tris a driver told me hed got pulled at a vosa checkpoint,bulb out,he told them it was working when he left depot,showed them checksheet,but because he didnt carry a screwdriver and a spare set of bulbs to change it there and then they fined him a £100. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
no idea if its true or not but i did say to him i bet you now carry a few tools and bulbs with you now,reply -NO

Alot of companys wont let drivers change anything , and if thats the case then a company should pay fine, if its true . i dont think it is .

Simple answer; rubbish.

a driver told me hed got pulled at a vosa checkpoint,bulb out,he told them it was working when he left depot,showed them checksheet,but because he didnt carry a screwdriver and a spare set of bulbs to change it there and then they fined him a £100.

more rubbish; the fines are; £30, £60, £120 or £200. There is no £100. Also the driver has to be shown to be culpable. As the daily check sheet (assuming it is a true record) shows that the fault didn’t exist when the vehicle was checked where is the drivers’ culpability?

geebee45:

Simple answer; rubbish.

a driver told me hed got pulled at a vosa checkpoint,bulb out,he told them it was working when he left depot,showed them checksheet,but because he didnt carry a screwdriver and a spare set of bulbs to change it there and then they fined him a £100.

more rubbish; the fines are; £30, £60, £120 or £200. There is no £100. Also the driver has to be shown to be culpable. As the daily check sheet (assuming it is a true record) shows that the fault didn’t exist when the vehicle was checked where is the drivers’ culpability?

dont shoot the messenger :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,the way he said it was he wasnt fined for having a bulb out,the fine was for not having a posi-drive screwdriver and bulb to mend it,which to me is fair enough even though £100 is taking the ■■■■,any half decent driver should at least be able /have tools to change a bulb at the side of the road[i mean if you night out,do your checks in morn,how would you change bulb in morning, you cant, so you put it down as o.k on check sheet and thats fine with vosa :unamused: :unamused: ,makes you wonder if its really worth carrying tools ,bulbs etc with you,just tick yes to every box on check sheet and vosa are gullible enough to believe it :unamused: :unamused:

ady1 apologies I wasn’t shooting the messenger.

There is no way that a VOSA Examiner can fine anybody for them not having the tools to change a bulb or a replacement bulb, there are no such offences in the UK. As far as the comments about ticking every box on the form go, who knows it may work, but I wouldn’t hold out too much hope in the case of a bald tyre :smiley:

How way man,…no bulbs…no screw driver all drivers carry a bit of this and that just to get you away dont they…?