Different job roles

Hi

Looking for a bit advice/opinion from people on here, I’m currently working for local authority on refuse as driver/loader and have been for a few months, been approached to work on a long term contract driving tipper trucks for roads, was wondering if this would be seen as a good move and weather tippers would be seen as a step up from refuse?

Any advice/opinions appreciated

Thanks

It’s all more experience and could possibly open more doors for you. I’d imagine that you will meet and talk to more useful people (in terms of job progression) doing the tippers than emptying people’s bins. Highways works will have other drivers and contractors coming and going with bits and pieces, get talking and you might find something else.

I’ve never done refuse for an LA but I have done something similar with a 4 man crew.

Are you sure you won’t miss the banter, the camaraderie, the craic you get from working closely with a good bunch?

Driving tippers can be lonely work unless you have colleagues on CB radio.

I think the OP meant driving a tipper for a local authority highways gang, rather than a tear arsing muckaway type driver. A council tipper driver is likely to be doing little driving and a lot of something else, still with a bunch of other workers and shirkers.

Hi i was in the same position.dont miss the bins at all now