Different in London?

I’m sitting waiting for a wagon to arrive,fairly straightforward job,probably 8whlr rigid with hiab,3 lifts about 3 ton each will do it in one trip,move from one part of nw london to another nw postcode,2 miles apart by my sat nav,I know wagon might have to go bit further round,I’m here where he’s picking up,somebody waiting at drop off,not the firm we usually us,might be short notice job,got a look at order number,priced at £250?fair play to the bloke?kind of job we’re in its often short notice,what do you reckon on price?

In central Scotland an eight wheel hiab will cost £50 an hour.I would have thought that was cheap for London.

Depends on how long it takes to do, if he’s based at say Watford and takes an hour each way to and fro plus three hours for the lift and shift then 5x £50 is about on the money. If he’s coming any further then it’s probably cheap. Or he could be jut around the corner and have three ■■■■ easy moves that will earn him nicely.

It’s a difficult sort of thing to price unless on an hourly rate as there are so many potential problems with access to sites and other junk in the way that will soon eat into time.

It’s a night job going by your post time so he might have had to hire a driver in for a shift at £120-£150 or so? Doesn’t seem so expensive to me and we haven’t started talking about his other overheads! Transformers??

turned out it was a six whlr,helped to load helped unload,half hour run each way from yard and hour doing job,just interested in people’s opinions,usually get gear moved by lowloader on £1.45/mile or £55/hr on long run.