Diff locks

Iv just driven about 20 miles with both diff locks on, should I be worried

Not if it was in a straight line or on soft ground

Hi mate it was on main road I forgot to turn off after leaving site

No corners for 20 miles?

Won’t do your tyres any good and puts stress through the system but should be okay.

no flashing light on the dash telling you they were on :open_mouth:

Nope nothing on dash. I informed mechanic and he said he will sort the warning lights out. I didn’t do any shape turns which he said isn’t as bad

noney82:
Iv just driven about 20 miles with both diff locks on, should I be worried

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Guess they don’t cover switching diff lock on and off in the dcpc then :blush:

noney82:
Nope nothing on dash. I informed mechanic and he said he will sort the warning lights out. I didn’t do any shape turns which he said isn’t as bad

cant be blamed then … Mind be good to check in future of all warning lights etc :wink:

happysack:
Guess they don’t cover switching diff lock on and off in the dcpc then :blush:

Yeah but when the diff lock switch is almost behind you its easy to forget when your arse is twitching at the thought of being stuck in mud.

nick2008:

noney82:

cant be blamed then … Mind be good to check in future of all warning lights etc :wink:

You’d have a pretty good idea somethings not right when you get it on the road just by sound/feel.

Well that’s what mechanic said, but it honestly felt no different. It was only when I got in to quarry and I turned my head to apply handbrake and get flask while I was waiting to be loaded I saw the locks on.

Maybe your diff locks don’t actually work

That’s a fair point I will get mechanic to check them.

I used to drive a foden alpha , that had a buzzer as well as warning light for the diff locks :wink: Quite annoying at the time but saved you forgetting to disengage diff locks :exclamation: :stuck_out_tongue:
I have come to drive a tipper and the diff lock switch was already on :exclamation: , god knows how long the previous driver had driven round with then in :open_mouth: