Diesel thieves spiked tank

Parked up on Tuesday night 1845 went to bed for 0300 start
1915 hrs BANG BANG BANG
jumped out of cab some barsteward had hammered a spike/chisel in to side if tank and had put 5 gall drum underneath to collect derv
HE/They ran off
leaving 3 x 5 gall drums and me with derv pouring out of tank
Irate was not the word!!!
Pluged it with liquid metal and managed for rest of week
Had it Repaired today(£75 + Vat)
It seems to me to be so futile to puncture a derv tank for 15 Galls of derv
so why do they do it■■?

I would love to have caught them!

orry to here this mike, as for why they do it they dont have to pay the repair bill and if they get the diesel they ok jack, oh yes and they are scum bags.

i used to work for a scrap metal dealer in york and this was a very regular thing.
even though we had lockable fuel caps , we left them unlocked.
the bosses reckoned it was cheaper to replace the fuel than the fuel tank.
everybody knew it was the gypoes from the local site but the bosses would do nothing about it for fear of retalliation or they were not bothered.

My gaffer says the same thing, no locking caps, the tanks are ally and if some stinking theif ratbag wants to nick the derv, they will, so better they dont wreck the tanks. They aught to get poisoned while siphoning!

Mal.

had mine nicked at newark on the A1 350 ltrs and a bust cap, nice nights work for someone and a nice earner for them as well.

the flying foden:
had mine nicked at newark on the A1 350 ltrs and a bust cap, nice nights work for someone and a nice earner for them as well.

350 ltrs ? Hell, they must have been there a while and had a lot of drums. Had you ever tried lifting a full 25ltr drum ? Trust me, it’s plenty heavy enough and you won’t be able to lift much more.

went to bed with a full tank woke up to a empty one , like i siad a good nights work for someone

Rob K:

the flying foden:

350 ltrs ? Hell, they must have been there a while and had a lot of drums. Had you ever tried lifting a full 25ltr drum ? Trust me, it’s plenty heavy enough and you won’t be able to lift much more.

who needs 25ltr drums all you need is say an small luton box /tipper van with a plastic oil drum ( or 2 45 gallon drums gives you over 400 ltrs space )on the back and a transfer pump ( either electric or manual ) park up behind wagon and just sit there with the pipe in tank

and before you ask no i havnt done it i have seen it been done
justoffbase-tools.co.uk/tool … 3919P875M0 sort of thing
@ 40ltrs per minute to do the 350 litres would take about 8 minutes

Oh yes, theivery is like evrything now, high tech. They use cordless drills on tanks with locking caps as well Ive been told. I know a while back, some of them used the BMC electric fuel pumps as well.

Mal.

large ■■■■■ comunity in newark… and yes i know there not all tealeafs before i get slated… but some are :imp:

:imp: I hate these folks who cannot pay their own way, so we have to pay twice.
Rumour has it that in Italy, the thieves use a panel van which has inside a large tank and a vacuum pump. Pull up along side, remove your filler cap, and drain your 900 litre tank in less than ONE MINUTE. Hows that for service??

:frowning: Sorry to hear of your misfortune,but if the [ZB] diesel wasn’t so dear at the pump,I’m sure there would be less thieving. It would be nice to have a spare diesel tank full of water & see how the [zb] got on with that !!

Minor language edit- ATKIG11 :slight_smile:
And another…'fraid I’m stricter, and that was too obvious!L. :wink:

Mike Lewis:
:frowning: Sorry to hear of your misfortune,but if the [ZB] diesel wasn’t so dear at the pump,I’m sure there would be less thieving. It would be nice to have a spare diesel tank full of water & see how the [zb] got on with that !!

Minor language edit- ATKIG11 :slight_smile:

(slap)

I got mine nicked at the Punch Bowl, I had just filled up at Davidsons in Penrith then parked up ready for early start in morning. They took the sender unit out and drained 399 litres. I was waiting for 3 hours for someone to bring me fuel.

Never heard a thing either, they have a pump in a van with a long pipe and a palletank, The coppers reckoned they had caught some of them but its not easy