Diesel Thief in Norwich

Just a heads up to any of you fellas who park in or around Norwich. There is a fella who is going around helping himself (I lost 300 litres and a [zb]ed cap and filler neck 4 days before christmas) captured him on CCTV on Wednesday doing a reccy obviously to see who had what. Called the old bill who were there in 10 minutes but he’d done the off.

Just thought I’d put it out there cause even in sleepy old East Anglia there are low lifes. Picture quality isn’t the best but at least I was alerted.

If I ever catch one again, he’ll end his days in the ditch too. Lowest of the low scum, wont be missed, no loss to society.

(Dont buy marigolds and aprons at the same store, always pay with cash.)

Has anyone had a motorcycle with a alarmed disc lock?
They are only like £15.
Wonder if there is a way to just attach it to the fuel cap.

Better than paying £500 for something like this
jacksonvehiclesolutions.co. … ard-alarm/

Parasite!..

To punish these scrotes even more, is it possible to prosecute them for carrying ADR type cargo in un-suitable containers/vehicles?
I watched a documentary where they caught them in a Transit van fully equipped with electric pump and huge holding tanks. My thinking is they must be breaking some sort of dangerous goods in transit ruling somewhere right? Just add that on as well and punish these ■■■■ even harder.

yourhavingalarf:
… To punish these scrotes even more, is it possible to prosecute them for carrying ADR type cargo in un-suitable containers/vehicles?

ADR contains many partial and full exemptions that are triggered by things like… the size/type of packages / the amount carried / the nature of the transport operation and a few others. However I can’t think of an exemption that would cover thieves.

I think I saw the documentary that you referred to, (and being a bit of an ADR anorak :blush: :blush: ) I couldn’t help wondering if their IBC re-certification test was in date, or whether they had a fire extinguisher.

In a situation like that, the police usually report only the most serious offences for prosecution, so the ADR offences are small beer in the bigger picture. TBF, most ADR offences are dealt with by use of prohibitions rather than by summonses.

Buy an electric fence set up from Mole Valley farmers, the shock from tampering the fuel tank caps will make him run faster than a tart can drop her knickers.

dieseldave:

yourhavingalarf:
… To punish these scrotes even more, is it possible to prosecute them for carrying ADR type cargo in un-suitable containers/vehicles?

ADR contains many partial and full exemptions that are triggered by things like… the size/type of packages / the amount carried / the nature of the transport operation and a few others. However I can’t think of an exemption that would cover thieves.

I think I saw the documentary that you referred to, (and being a bit of an ADR anorak :blush: :blush: ) I couldn’t help wondering if their IBC re-certification test was in date, or whether they had a fire extinguisher.

In a situation like that, the police usually report only the most serious offences for prosecution, so the ADR offences are small beer in the bigger picture. TBF, most ADR offences are dealt with by use of prohibitions rather than by summonses.

In things like this they would only prosecute the higher offence which would be theft

Saw a dhl poster somewhere that listed most MSA in the midlands as being high risk for theft from hgv’s and it listed four cars with full reg numbers that were known to police to be involved, one of them was an 02 plate silver a4 , another was a maroon a8

say you caught a thief and he threatens you with a knife comes right at you, but you grab a bit of pipe and club him and he dies,where would you stand in a case like that ? years back i had a couple threaten me and wouldnt let me go i was just starting to think id fight the 2 of em when they let me go i wondered how id stand if id killed to get away,not having done anything wrong i mean

There’s an advantage to living where I do. Club the buggers and take 'em out to Moreton bay for shark feed. :wink:

corij:
say you caught a thief and he threatens you with a knife comes right at you, but you grab a bit of pipe and club him and he dies,where would you stand in a case like that ?

I think you might get an infringement for driving 20 miles, and insufficient daily rest without a card in

corij:
say you caught a thief and he threatens you with a knife comes right at you, but you grab a bit of pipe and club him and he dies,where would you stand in a case like that ? years back i had a couple threaten me and wouldnt let me go i was just starting to think id fight the 2 of em when they let me go i wondered how id stand if id killed to get away,not having done anything wrong i mean

Dont leave your calling card, unless you leave very clear evidence, the police wont have much to go on.

Just leave the body in the ditch. Foxes, Badgers et all will see to him.

Wasn’t there a case a few years ago when a Greek lorry driver was attacked by a gang and in self defence he stabbed one of them who later died, the Greek didn’t get charged, I think he was parked in Birmingham and there were several attempted hijackings around Fort Dunlop ?

Tarmaceater:
Wasn’t there a case a few years ago when a Greek lorry driver was attacked by a gang and in self defence he stabbed one of them who later died, the Greek didn’t get charged, I think he was parked in Birmingham and there were several attempted hijackings around Fort Dunlop ?

Yes you’re right. If I remember right, it was a close run thing for a while, whether he got charged or not.

peterm:

Tarmaceater:

Yes you’re right. If I remember right, it was a close run thing for a while, whether he got charged or not.

Reports the incident in 2009.
Must be summat more about the outcome.
Ed.
coventrytelegraph.net/news/ … er-3085625
Released without charge.