Diesel theft hotspots

A fleet of Limey phils tankers that do the draining of full tanks,only joking Phil. :smiley:

toby1234abc:
A fleet of Limey phils tankers that do the draining of full tanks,only joking Phil. :smiley:

i know.
i got rid of the fleet. :smiley:

Beware of plain white cabs that overtake beyond the speed of 56 mph,its Limey on his holidays with the cam corder out.

raymundo:

mickyblue:
whole UK

And you fellows do next to sod all to make to make it any different.

And theres always one who wants to turn the topic into something else. I’ve been there and done it, and not going there again

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77185&hilit=fuel+theft

have a look, it’s all in there

Lost 500 litres two weeks ago in the long layby opposite the vosa station on the stretch of road next to the m25 between the Dorking and Leatherhead junctions. Was in the middle of the line and the layby was wedged with trucks. Would not have thought you could have got a ■■■■■ van in there anywhere, so got me thinking it may have been another trucker. Lots of foreigners use the layby but lots of Brits as well.
Toby mentioning Mole Valley farmers got me thinking. I was in on of their shops the other day and came accross some very powerful catapults and large ball bearings for killing vermin. Was tempted to buy one in case the twots ever wake me up nicking my fuel. Thought better of it as I would hate to get done for killing some thieving git from my passenger window. Have since been told that paintball pellets hurt like buggery but wont kill them. I have three shotguns in my cabinet at home but would definately get sent down for using one on them.

A17 between sleaford to kings lynn.
A1 around the barnsdale bar area
A13 orsett area
A 38 bridgewater area
A52 around the bingham area

Bilgepump:
Lost 500 litres two weeks ago in the long layby opposite the vosa station on the stretch of road next to the m25 between the Dorking and Leatherhead junctions. Was in the middle of the line and the layby was wedged with trucks. Would not have thought you could have got a [zb] van in there anywhere, so got me thinking it may have been another trucker. Lots of foreigners use the layby but lots of Brits as well.
Toby mentioning Mole Valley farmers got me thinking. I was in on of their shops the other day and came accross some very powerful catapults and large ball bearings for killing vermin. Was tempted to buy one in case the twots ever wake me up nicking my fuel. Thought better of it as I would hate to get done for killing some thieving git from my passenger window. Have since been told that paintball pellets hurt like buggery but wont kill them. I have three shotguns in my cabinet at home but would definately get sent down for using one on them.

Make your own cartridges :wink: with sand, grit, paintball paint etc, at least it’s something that’ll stain/mark them but not kill. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: I’d use a ‘Hushpower’ shotgun so I’d not wake any neigbouring sleeping truckers though.

We used to do this with newbies at our clay shoot years ago, ‘here try these’ we’d ask them… glitter and confetti was a favorite. :laughing:

toby1234abc:
Get a padlock on the pin,kids may have pulled it for a laugh.

There’s plenty round Doncaster well versed in unhitching shiny caravans. :wink:

every layby, every truckstop, even the operators own yards are hotspots for fuel theft now, and no matter how safe you think your ■■■■■■■■■■■■ ( layby, truckstop) is i bet somebody had fuel stolen at some point in the last month.
an effective way of beating them is quite simple, dont park up overnight with a full tank of fuel, it’s not easy but with a bit of simple planning it can be done, if you need fuel an hour before your times up and you know a couple of hours up the road you can get more fuel in the morning the only put in a little bit too see your hour out and for your hour in the morning. or park up an hour earlier and fill it up in the morning. but chances are when they shine there torch in you tank and see your empty 9 times out of ten they will [zb] off to the next truck and leave yours alone, this has worked for me in the last ten years.
but remember this, these thiefs dont travel alone like truck drivers do, there will be at least 3 of them and they will fight if need be and one driver in his shreddies against 3 probably tooled up thiefs aint got much of a chance of beating them, so rather play it safe if you hear them let them have the fuel, move slowly in the cab as not too rock it, peep round the curtain ends too see outside, see if you see there van, if you can get the number plate and when they have left you, you ring the rozzers and tell them and hopefully they will catch them in the act.

Ring the old bill by all means but if there are three thieving scumbags the police would need to have a force of about 20, and where can you find that many all at once apart from the station canteen.

raymundo:
Ring the old bill by all means but if there are three thieving scumbags the police would need to have a force of about 20, and where can you find that many all at once apart from the station canteen.

thats so true :laughing: but at end of day if it dont get reported then it wont be taken serious

Had some took at the vosa checkpoint on the a84/m9 j10 in Stirling, think that’s been a hotspot of late, me and a couple of others in same night plus I’ve heard of more after I’d had mine took…

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?lzcdfp

Beetie:
Had some took at the vosa checkpoint on the a84/m9 j10 in Stirling, think that’s been a hotspot of late, me and a couple of others in same night plus I’ve heard of more after I’d had mine took…

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?lzcdfp

always been a hotspot for the fuel thieves there for as long as i can remember, its secluded and hidden, the services, the dog track and muirpark truckstop are all botherd by the fuel thieves. one of ttc’s drivers went into stirling services for a shower at 1 am a couple of months ago, came back out at a half hour later and his tank was empty along with a few others he said, he reported it too the services who said the cctv dont see the lorry park too well n the rozzers werent interested