Diesel in AdBlue tank

Koop:
Whats a smake screen? :confused:

Itā€™s what the lads north of the border have been forced to rename smoke screens to avoid paying excess taxes to london :smiling_imp:

Kiowan the new 420 & 480ā€™s dont have Ad-Blue, only the 500, 560 & 620ā€¦

oldsā€™kool:
I know a dude that works at the local DAF dealer and he was saying that a certain large company from Spalding has had more than five cases of drivers putting diesel in the Ad blue tanks. Personally I think youā€™ve got to be fairly stupid to do this, but hey!!!

the truck was from spalding - it was a fowlers one. and it was in another laungage as well - had bright green arrows poiting all way down from sign near diesel tank to the AD blue tank which has more green stickers on it. :laughing:

a company that i have done agency for had these stickers put on in poilsh and english :open_mouth: after getting a batch of mercs within the first week all but one had to be returned to get sorted out and funnily enough said company also has a depot in spalding :laughing:

gonzothejaffa1:
a company that i have done agency for had these stickers put on in poilsh and english :open_mouth: after getting a batch of mercs within the first week all but one had to be returned to get sorted out and funnily enough said company also has a depot in spalding :laughing:

that will be why its in two languages :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Talking about this at work today and apparentley I got the wrong story.

he didnā€™t put derv in the adblue tank, he put adblue in the derv tank!

Evidentley DAFs don,t run on this mix :laughing:

It has happened where i work driver managed to put derv in ad blue tank of a year old ivco trakker. The bill to fix was i think about Ā£4000. Boss was not happy :stuck_out_tongue:

SWraith:
As far as Iā€™ve been told the EGR engines have a facility to recycle the exhaust gases so that they get burned off in the combustion chamberā€¦

errr, what does EGR stand for? (head scratching emoticon)

ā€¦ wouldnā€™t be Exhaust Gas Recirculation by any chance would it? :unamused:

i give up why employ these idiots :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

alun:
i give up why employ these idiots :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

mainly because they are cheaper :wink:

Driveroneuk:

SWraith:
As far as Iā€™ve been told the EGR engines have a facility to recycle the exhaust gases so that they get burned off in the combustion chamberā€¦

errr, what does EGR stand for? (head scratching emoticon)

ā€¦ wouldnā€™t be Exhaust Gas Recirculation by any chance would it? :unamused:

Yes it would.

:blush: Steady now boys

Most or all adblue fillers are smaller than diesel fillers so check your boots our your cab will smell of diesel.

Cruise Control:
the truck was from spalding - it was a fowlers one. and it was in another laungage as well - had bright green arrows poiting all way down from sign near diesel tank to the AD blue tank which has more green stickers on it. :laughing:

Yeah that would be the one!! You will have probably noticed that Freshlinc have got the stickers on the DAF they run, strange seeing as the FW fleet manager moved round the corner to FL!

gonzothejaffa1:

Funny that!!

You would have to be a pretty determined idiot to do that. And if other adblue pumps are like ours, you would still have to be a very determined idiot to do it. Ours wouldnā€™t work if the adblue filler isnā€™t there, as some chaps have found to their cost when they get a motor where some ā– ā– ā– ā–  has whacked it in that hard that some of the filler has broken off and fallen in the tank. Or maybe this has been done by people trying to ram the diesel filler in there. Either way I wish they would put the tank caps back on instead of leaving them on the top of the tank to fall off and get run over.

It is done we hired a unt from scania, on collection we were told ad blue tank is full. Of the driver went a week later he rings me asking how much ad blue mine used because his was still reading 100%? Turns out whoever had it on hire before us had fill ad blue tank with diesel, there were no emmision warnings no smoke. Just a 4 grand bill for somebody to relpace the complete system

mick_n3:
It is done we hired a unt from scania, on collection we were told ad blue tank is full. Of the driver went a week later he rings me asking how much ad blue mine used because his was still reading 100%? Turns out whoever had it on hire before us had fill ad blue tank with diesel, there were no emmision warnings no smoke. Just a 4 grand bill for somebody to relpace the complete system

Yep, same happened at a work place I used to work for, they said it could stay like that till mot time lol.

Hi the company where i work have been using ad blue for a couple of years now and weve had a couple of drivers putting ad blue straight in the diesel tank and in one instance the driver who did it didnt even have a motor that required ad blueā– ā– ? I mean which one would you choose the big green tank with diesel written on it or the clear plastic cage/tank with ad blue written on it but according to the driver the both looked the same? so god only knows how he gets dressed in the morning??

Kiowan:
Well since we got the new Scanias arrive, they have no adblue tanks or anything and Iā€™ve been told that itā€™s because the diesel we have is pre-treated with an additive that does the ad-blueā€™s job.

Donā€™t believe everything you are told :stuck_out_tongue:

No doubt someone else who drives an adBlue equipped truck will hear the same story and not bother putting any in that either

If there are such numpty drivers out there who can do such stupidly dumb tricks, its no bleedin wonder weā€™re all treated as idiots is it?

To read of such makes me quite angry. :imp:

Wouldnā€™t it be nice if the industry was indeed populated by true professionals?

Maybe weā€™d get a bit more respect.

Driveroneuk, posting late at night in Bangkok.

No problem with putting Diesel in your Ad Blue tank, if fact it makes the truck go faster as spraying fuel into the Exhaust system acts in a similar way to Afterburners on a Jet fighter. At least thatā€™s what my mate told me :laughing: