Diesel and Brake particulates

I don’t have a problem with my sinus - but a friend who does uses Neilmed Sinus Rinse - he said give a try - I could not believe the cr@p that it removed I guess it must be the diesel and Brake particulates I must be breathing in whilst on the road

I hate it - sat in a traffic jam gobbing particulates. Come on young people! Join your (shortly to die) elders with the Great British HGV driver hunt…

No surprise the anti car use lot have to change the narrative to brake particulates now that they see EV’s as about to upset their anti car use plans.The regenerative braking will obviously be cleaner than cycle brakes and train brakes.
Also strange that the DVSA wanted to encourage the brakes to slow gears to go driving method in that regard.

Don’t modern trucks have cab air filters -

Standard filters have a cotton-fibre pre-filter, as well as a micro-fibre layer and a carrier layer. This combination does well when it comes to filtering out pollen, dust and larger particulates, although some finer ones may get into the cabin. These filter work well for people without any allergies or other issues.

Activated carbon filters have an extra layer of activated carbon which can help to collect exhaust gases, smaller particulates and noxious gases (as well as smells). These filters make for a fresher interior and also a more efficient aircon system and are suitable for allergic people.

Bio-functional or allergen filters have a polyphenol layer as well as everything else. This layer has an antimicrobial function which prevents mould spores and bacteria from getting into the cabin, as well as catching dust, pollen and particulates like the other types of cabin filter. People with severe allergies or respiratory problems find these filters especially helpful.

I’m not…

Aware of any significant numbers of drivers dying because of particulate related problems.

When I used to leave the yard in my Foden, everything behind me vanished in clouds of white smoke. Now it’s just a small plume of condensation.

yourhavingalarf:
I’m not…

Aware of any significant numbers of drivers dying because of particulate related problems.

When I used to leave the yard in my Foden, everything behind me vanished in clouds of white smoke. Now it’s just a small plume of condensation.

I bet 90% of drivers smoked like a chimney back then so lung disease would have been common.

Probably all die from the mountains of bacon sarnies and daddys they eat long before the particulates work their magic.

JeffA:
Probably all die from the mountains of bacon sarnies and daddys they eat long before the particulates work their magic.

I think you may have something there.

Bin Man:

JeffA:

I think you may have something there.

The pensions sector obviously doesn’t agree.We’re all going to live until we’re over 100.
Look on the bright side over 60’s must have been saved from asbestos poisoning by the gears to slow brakes to stop method of driving.

what about stinking wood burners in towns :smiling_imp:

fuse:

That shouldn’t be a problem this winter.

Anyone using a wood burning stove or open fire in the home from today must only use cleaner alternatives to wet wood and coal, a new law says.

Restrictions on the type of solid fuels that can be burned on domestic hearths have come into force in England as the government attempts to cut air pollution.

Wood-burning stoves and open fires are still allowed from 1 May but only fuels that reduce air pollution can be used in them, according to a statement announcing the change from the environment department (Defra) and environment minister Rebecca Pow.

Experts say burning house coal or wet wood is a major source of the pollutant PM2.5 - which has been identified by the World Health Organisation as a major risk for human health.
PM2.5 is particulate matter around 2.5 micrometres across that can enter the bloodstream, lodge in lungs and other organs.

The law change follows the release two days ago of Defra figures showing air pollution across the UK fell to its lowest levels on record in 2020 as a result of coronavirus.

Ms Pow said in a statement: “We know air pollution at a national level has reduced significantly since 2010 - with emissions of fine particulate matter down 11% and nitrogen oxide 32% - but there is still a huge amount to do to tackle pollution from all sources, including transport, agriculture, industry and domestic burning.”

news.sky.com/story/wet-wood-and … y-12292232

Bin Man:

fuse:

That shouldn’t be a problem this winter.

Anyone using a wood burning stove or open fire in the home from today must only use cleaner alternatives to wet wood and coal, a new law says.

Restrictions on the type of solid fuels that can be burned on domestic hearths have come into force in England as the government attempts to cut air pollution.

Wood-burning stoves and open fires are still allowed from 1 May but only fuels that reduce air pollution can be used in them, according to a statement announcing the change from the environment department (Defra) and environment minister Rebecca Pow.

Experts say burning house coal or wet wood is a major source of the pollutant PM2.5 - which has been identified by the World Health Organisation as a major risk for human health.
PM2.5 is particulate matter around 2.5 micrometres across that can enter the bloodstream, lodge in lungs and other organs.

The law change follows the release two days ago of Defra figures showing air pollution across the UK fell to its lowest levels on record in 2020 as a result of coronavirus.

Ms Pow said in a statement: “We know air pollution at a national level has reduced significantly since 2010 - with emissions of fine particulate matter down 11% and nitrogen oxide 32% - but there is still a huge amount to do to tackle pollution from all sources, including transport, agriculture, industry and domestic burning.”

news.sky.com/story/wet-wood-and … y-12292232

It’s no different to the smokeless zones here which cam into force in the 50’s/60’s.
We can still burn anthracite now as then ( luckily ) with Boris’ gas tax so he can export it all to his ‘developing country’ handlers.Gas bill mor than doubled as part of Al Gore’s all electric monopoly scam.I’m intending on fitting a solid fuel boiler to replace the gas boiler ASAP.
As for brakle dust the anti motor vehicle lot are really clutching at straws now they see EV’s as circumventing their politics of envy agenda at least for anyone who can afford to buy and fuel it at 26p per kwh + taxes.