Diesel – Filling Two Tanks

My truck has tanks on both sides. I always seem to get in a muddle when trying to use both pumps — the ones with the buttons to switch to the other side.

Can anyone let me know how it works — and do you have to tell the cashier you want to use both?

Thanks

If the pumps on both sides have the same number you don’t have to tell the cashier. Fill the first tank then push the button on that pump and hang the hose back up before moving round to the other pump and lifting the hose. That’s pretty much it, although I think there maybe some sort of time limit in starting the second pump so best to get the cap off the other tank while filling the first tank.

Doh! My mistake has been putting the hoses in both tanks!

Thanks.

LOL

i did that for ages until i got my head round it… A while back the garages would fill on both sides at the same time but now they have these buttons and as coffee says hang it up and press the button then take the other one and pray it works…lol

If it does not you have to shove your card in the reader again!

Spacemonkeypg:
LOL

i did that for ages until i got my head round it… A while back the garages would fill on both sides at the same time but now they have these buttons and as coffee says hang it up and press the button then take the other one and pray it works…lol

If it does not you have to shove your card in the reader again!

NO!!!
DON’T hang it up then press the button.
Fill your first tank.
PRESS THE BUTTON
Hang up the nozzle.
Walk quickly round to the other tank.
Lift the nozzle.
Fill that tank.
Hang up that nozzle.
As Coffee said.

The reason for this system is to stop another, unscrupulous driver, filling up on your pump from the other nozzle while you can’t see it. That’s why you can’t fill both tanks at the same time.

As Simon said about unscrupulous drivers, I had this at Mannekinsevere on the A16 E40.

Another driver obviously a brit was parked in the outside lane trying to use the middle pump. I heard an altercation with the cashier between the 2 drivers.

When I use my Shell card I normally fill the largest tank and then insert the card again for the next tank as we seem to have a limit of 600 litres per transaction on the cards

It worked!

Pity the exchange rate has taken such a dive though. I’ve had a few trips out recently and haven’t filled up at home since late November.

And a pity I got caught up on the dock closure at Calais last week. Another lesson learned — the blokes in the little white van honking the horn means the port is open again!

Is it worth swapping to the Train when this happens — or does that just get chocker? And are there any toilet/food facilities in the holding areas? From the piles of human ■■■ I suppose not…….