Did you know Iceland supermarkets is for sale?

ft.com/cms/s/0/cfe5b7f0-f687 … z1ascMg2WA

Morrisons and Asda said to be interested. So William Low, Safeway, Somerfield, Netto and now it looks like Iceland all getting gobbled up by the big guns in recent times.

Morrisons have got to be favourites they dont really have any small size stores, probably would like to get their foot in the door.

Asda are the cheapest, god knows how Tossco get so much business :confused: plus Asda drivers are not scared to do over 36mph on SC roads

bubsy06:
plus Asda drivers are not scared to do over 36mph on SC roads

Whenever I have to tip at ASDA, I always bear in mind that “ASDA” stands for “Another ■■■■ Day Ahead”.

Surprised at that as iceland so profitable. Hopeful not morrisons takeover as that is the worst supermarket. :smiling_imp:

Harry Monk:

bubsy06:
plus Asda drivers are not scared to do over 36mph on SC roads

Whenever I have to tip at ASDA, I always bear in mind that “ASDA” stands for “Another [zb] Day Ahead”.

Never been to ASDA Chepstow then?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

im up a certain creek if ASDA buy them since i refuse to work for them. 8 hour shifts on a good day is no good to me. i get an average 12 hour shift with iceland/booker

scanny77:

im up a certain creek if ASDA buy them since i refuse to work for them. 8 hour shifts on a good day is no good to me. i get an average 12 hour shift with iceland/booker

Thought you gave up the Truck driving Ritchie? :wink:

scanny77:

Never understood what goes on at livingstone they are all dhl drivers? But the booker guys get crappy axors while the iceland guys get volvos. Why not just give them all the same :confused:

dessy:

scanny77:

Thought you gave up the Truck driving Ritchie? :wink:

that is still the plan. unfortunately it is absolutely dependant on someone taking a chance on me with no office experience. maybe a few management courses fired in as expenses will help :laughing:

merc0447:

scanny77:

Never understood what goes on at livingstone they are all dhl drivers? But the booker guys get crappy axors while the iceland guys get volvos. Why not just give them all the same :confused:

you have no idea mate. 2 separate contracts run out of one site. during the week they have to use the mercs on bookers runs and volvos on iceland runs even if it means hiring units. the planning is crazy! i did a bookers job yesterday. 2 drops on a dual compartment reefer those being rutherglen and clydebank. rutherglen had grocery and frozen (frozen is always on the headboard), clydebank had grocery only. rutherglen to clydebank to rutherglen during the morning rush hour :confused:

Rurtherglen looks a tight ■■■■■■■ of a drop! Susies take a right good stretch there i bet!

now when i did asda on the agency i dreaded the new netto deliverys but they are the best as no hi vizs and the they tip you while you sit in the cab.

its not as bad as it looks. bookers tends to be much easier since its all forklifts and rarely more than 2 drops per run. if you want tight you should have a look at iceland in castlemilk. getting in isnt too bad but facing the right way to get back out again can be interesting, especially with a spanker of a van driver (icelands van driver) making it far more difficult :unamused:

For those who cannot get behing the ft paywal, there’s more info on the sale here:

http://www.kamcity.com/namnews/asp/newsarticle.asp?newsid=61646

It’s not the whole thing being sold, only the parts owned by failed Icelandic banks, & the original owner is hoping to increase his shareholding so it won’t go completely Toscos or whoever.

jessicas dad:
now when i did asda on the agency i dreaded the new netto deliverys but they are the best as no hi vizs and the they tip you while you sit in the cab.

More than can be said for the poxy rdc’s then :imp:

tallyman:
For those who cannot get behing the ft paywal, there’s more info on the sale here:

http://www.kamcity.com/namnews/asp/newsarticle.asp?newsid=61646

It’s not the whole thing being sold, only the parts owned by failed Icelandic banks, & the original owner is hoping to increase his shareholding so it won’t go completely Toscos or whoever.

According to an in house publication Malcolm Walker and his managerial team are the preferred buyers if they match any other offer. This is because there would be no competition/monopoly commission problems with selling the whole enterprise. The difficulty, as I understand it, is getting the financing guaranteed.

earned Great Money with Iceland

Personally I find it hard to shop in any of those big shops knowing how the ignorant pigs treat drivers in RDCs!