Did I spot someone?

I think I’ve seen some of these lorries here at the forums before and now I’m wondering if I did eyeball some forum members at summer :wink: This is follow-up to my post on the “Where am I”.

So, there I was visiting Naantali Customs at 12th June this summer and during that time ship had finished docking and it’s load begun to unload itself when I was waiting my lorry to gather enough air pressure (it had not-so-little air leak at that time). Anyhow, I was watching lorries driving out of the ship and I spotted this:

After a while a second one came to my view.

And the third…

…fourth…

…fifth…

…sixth, seventh and eighth

At one point I thought about hailing these via CB but I concentrated to my driving as this was first time I had this kind of a load and it scared me a bit. The reason why I had visited at customs had something to do with the my loads destination (Kazakhstan) and the fact it was combined road and rail transportation. The load was reloaded at Lappeenranta, near Russian border, into a train. And finally the pictures of my so scary load :smiley:

yes mate in your last picture i think that is euromat’s truck in your mirror… he has a sign slap bang in the middle of his window and the two flags

im not saying it is but the fourth looks like kindles motor

thats what i tought too but the light bar is slightly different and he has the orange flashing lights at each side

top to bottom: vanessa hogan in the space cab (you will barely see her at the wheel :laughing: ) martin walker, alice (who is actually an idiot called mark :laughing: ) sean robinson with the lightbar (lead driver), and then yours truly in the mirror! :blush:

15 of us in total, it was on kylies tour

fozzie:
im not saying it is but the fourth looks like kindles motor

look again mate!, as said, yes ive got the flashing beacons on mine, but the truck in the picture is an XF105, mine is an XF95! These are the only trucks with light bars on the roof. The trucks you saw would have been doing Kylie Minouge, and euromat was on that tour, the 2nd truck in pics is Martin Walker from Stoke.
I was doing Whitesnake at the Sweden Rock Festival in Solvesborg in Sweden if i remember rightly when these trucks were in Finland. We were both in Norway at the same time but i didnt get time to go and see them.
Kybro, ive done loads like that mate and they really arent very nice at all.

how many trucks do ure firm have, bet ya you all have some great laughs !

mark h:

probably about 50 black trucks, but they always have rentals in the summer when it gets busier, yeah it is a real laugh at times too, i love this job

euromat:

mark h:

probably about 50 black trucks, but they always have rentals in the summer when it gets busier, yeah it is a real laugh at times too, i love this job

id love to get into that caper euromat it looks like a great job - im bored too tears in my current job but it safe as houses so i cant complain too much :wink:

euromat:
– and then yours truly in the mirror! :blush:

Well, I can’t but echo you: so close yet so far! :slight_smile: Do you have CB so would you have heard if I’d have called for TNet users? I also remember that the driver of the lorry in the mirror was very eager to overtook me. He overtook me, and many other lorries at first possible place at Raisio, where road changes to a four lane road :wink:

In reference to another thread at this forum, how often do you visit Tampere? Or actually it doesn’t matter, next time you or kindle530 are coming this way and you know you’re having a bit of a spare time send me a PM :wink:

Oh, and that monorail cat in your signature is awesome. Engineer in me is getting very much of amusement out of it :laughing:

Kyrbo:

euromat:

Well, I can’t but echo you: so close yet so far! :slight_smile: Do you have CB so would you have heard if I’d have called for TNet users? I also remember that the driver of the lorry in the mirror was very eager to overtook me. He overtook me, and many other lorries at first possible place at Raisio, where road changes to a four lane road :wink:

In reference to another thread at this forum, how often do you visit Tampere? Or actually it doesn’t matter, next time you or kindle530 are coming this way and you know you’re having a bit of a spare time send me a PM :wink:

Oh, and that monorail cat in your signature is awesome. Engineer in me is getting very much of amusement out of it :laughing:

:blush: im guessing your load was a bit heavy, the load i had was nice and light, and i wanted to get parked up for a beer!!

it really depends where tours are routed as to how often we get up that way, i have been there only twice this year i believe, we always know in advance that we are heading there to the day, so i will pm you when i am next heading that way for certain, a lot of us do have cbs, we would of been on them off the boat, probably slagging the drivers off who dont have them fitted :laughing:

euromat:

Kyrbo:

euromat:

:blush: im guessing your load was a bit heavy, the load i had was nice and light, and i wanted to get parked up for a beer!!

it really depends where tours are routed as to how often we get up that way, i have been there only twice this year i believe, we always know in advance that we are heading there to the day, so i will pm you when i am next heading that way for certain, a lot of us do have cbs, we would of been on them off the boat, probably slagging the drivers off who dont have them fitted :laughing:

Well, it seems I should have used CB then :frowning: :laughing: And the reason why you overtook me is so good that I can’t be angry at you :stuck_out_tongue: I’d also think my load was a bit heavier than yours. My load weighed about 35 tonnes making gross around 57 tonnes (no, I don’t remember all loads but I did couple similar loads from the same place later during the summer).

euromat:
a lot of us do have cbs, we would of been on them off the boat, probably slagging the drivers off who dont have them fitted :laughing:

Or possibly slagging off the local drivers that are slower and heavier than you :wink:

KW:

euromat:
a lot of us do have cbs, we would of been on them off the boat, probably slagging the drivers off who dont have them fitted :laughing:

and heavier than you :wink:

i dont get personal me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: