Did I do the right thing?

Running in friday night. I was on track to get back to the yard with 5 or 10 mins to spare as I was on a 13. However crossing the city hit traffic with no safe place to stop. Phoned the office and was told to carry on back to thd yard as that is the nearest safe stopping place. Ended up 35 mins over 15 mins of it was parking up in our very tight yard. Wrote on the back of my tacho the reason for going over my duty time. So did I do the right thing?

So, you didn’t go over your Driving time just Working time?
I’d say yes you did the right thing as long as it was Working time.

I wouldn’t worry about it, they’re after naughty boys not innocent hard working lads, unless you meet a little hitler that is.

Only thing I would have done different is popped my card as I drove in the gate & either get someone else to park it or just leave it maybe.

Yes just working time. Still had 30 mins driving.

Along as you had at least 11 hours rest and did a manual entry explaining it then you will be fine

If it had gone over driving hours as well then you would still be ok

If done on a regular basis then the authorities get interested

ROG:
If done on a regular basis then the authorities get interested

This is the important factor !!!

Cheers guys. Yeh went straight into my weekly rest period which is over 45 hours so good on that frount. Good to know for future reference. Thanks again

As you are over 1 minute of your time, you " could face a massive fine " :smiley: :smiley:

roughyed:
As you are over 1 minute of your time, you " could face a massive fine " :smiley: :smiley:

Quoting ES T&T on Friday.

£1000 for being 1 minute over :slight_smile:

roughyed:

Not so, even if they were that picky a court would back the driver, all they have to do is check traffic records at that time, which is very easy in this day and age and they would see his remark on the back of the card was correct.
Even VOSA sugest writting all reasons for infringements on the reverse side, so long as it is not a regular occurence, it will be ok.

dar1976:

roughyed:

Quoting ES T&T on Friday.

£1000 for being 1 minute over :slight_smile:

Absolute over the top comment. I know they have to make the programme interesting, but they don’t need to lie about situations that are sometimes out of the drivers control. Its always been the case that if you have been delayed in traffic, or can’t get to an safe rest place in time, and you have to go over your legal driving hours to get safely parked up, you will be exempt from prosecution, providing you mark up the rear of your tacho/digi print out. It’s about time that C5 pointed these things out, and stopped letting drama get in the way of facts. I can’t help feeling every time I watch this prog and the Bulls hit that they spout, they make ES and their drivers look amateur. Dixon is a case in point, last week, did a perfectly well positioned left turn into the “Unsuitable HGV” road, with a good couple of feet between the top of the trailer and the building, but it was described as centimeters.Even the nearside trailer wheels were well clear of the kerb. Were they trying to make Dixon look incompetent ?.

Pat Hasler:

roughyed:

Not so, even if they were that picky a court would back the driver, all they have to do is check traffic records at that time, which is very easy in this day and age and they would see his remark on the back of the card was correct.
Even VOSA sugest writting all reasons for infringements on the reverse side, so long as it is not a regular occurence, it will be ok.

lol, I think roughyed was speaking tongue in cheek Mr Hasler
try and chill a bit man, not everyone takes life that serious :smiley: