Did anyone go to Brands hatch over the weekend?

Evening folks, so did anyone go to brands over the weekend and watch the racing ? First time I have been and took wife and kid. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would recomend.

No, What form of racing was it?

Yes, but it seems the autumn truck racing meeting is slowly becoming a firework display preceded by some truck racing. The amount of the South Bank parking now given over to cater for the display has become excessive. Given the circuit’s reputation for variable weather and the November date, the loss of the ability to return to the shelter and warmth of one’s car during what is only ever going to be a cold or wet day, and still be able to see some of what is going on has become a significant detraction. While obviously it takes longer to recover trucks rather than cars which disappear into the scenery, the habit at Brands Hatch of truncating the Truck races, which are after all the main event, is becoming increasingly annoying. Even more so when the cause of the delays yesterday were mainly attributed to support races.The track parade of show trucks in the twilight is an impressive sight, but yes the ■■■■■■■ thing does have a horn, I got that the first twenty times. Full marks to the Circuit however for bringing round free snacks to those cars queueing to get out at the end of the day.

With access to the South Bank and with no fireworks, consequently fewer people on a very wet Saturday, I had a much more enjoyable day.

Having had a moan, there was some good truck racing and as usual the Legends and Pick up Trucks excelled. My son who goes to the circuit regularly, reckons that yesterday was the biggest crowd he has seen, even including the Touring Cars weekends.

Favourite vehicles? Adam Bint’s Detroit 60 series powered Volvo White. Show trucks? the Leyland Beaver and the preserved cabover Pete.