Did any other managed motorway have reports of muppetry?

In the local rags there’s been reports of people misuse of the new managed motorway section of the M62.

halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/ca … -1-5923383

Did any of the other managed motorway schemes encounter such idiots who just can’t understand what’s going on? Or is it justYorkshire folk that have struggled to get to grips with the new scheme?

It happens regularly on the M6, so it’s a problem that won’t go away!

it the same on the m42

And then when it is open as a lane nobody uses it :unamused:

Guess that explains the messages I’ve been seeing on the matrix boards today ‘Red X means lane closed’.
Bit worrying that anyone with a licence would need that explaining to them :unamused:

AJF3011:
Guess that explains the messages I’ve been seeing on the matrix boards today ‘Red X means lane closed’.
Bit worrying that anyone with a licence would need that explaining to them :unamused:

You beat me to it! I saw that this morning near Junction 27 westbound!
However we are talking about the kind of numpty who doesn’t use indicators on roundabouts or expect you to give way to them when THEY’RE joining MW/DC!

Well, the radio was saying that some motorists have been using it in relatively busy periods, but when the hard shoulder has still not been opened up for use. Apparently they’ve been undertaking the slower vehicles, and then cutting in further on. Of course, this would make no sense at all as surely if the motorway is ‘busy’, then I’d have thought they’d have opened the hard shoulder up anyways!

AJF3011:

Ehhh, a red X means to me that my audition on the X-factor isn’t going to well, need 3 of them before I’m kicked off.

This is just an example of the Highways agency deceiding what should happen which most of us drivers will be aware of but those that aren’t familiar with it will cause some confusion.

People who don’t understand how to merge onto the M62 and insist on blocking both lanes of the slip road doing 30mph :imp: :imp:

Had a good experience of that today :imp: people who don’t have any confidence driving on motorways shouldn’t be. End of :imp:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

I can’t see why they have to have “peak periods” on the extra lane, .why not just open it full time, and monitor it for the inevitable idiots who are going to misuse it.
Why can’t they have proper pull in layby’s like they have on the continent, every couple of miles. :smiley: :smiley:

rocky 7:
I can’t see why they have to have “peak periods” on the extra lane, .why not just open it full time, and monitor it for the inevitable idiots who are going to misuse it.
Why can’t they have proper pull in layby’s like they have on the continent, every couple of miles. :smiley: :smiley:

Far to simple mate.

rocky 7:

You mean like MM2 or ALR (all lane running) which is being rolled out across motorways now. You’ll have a big lightweight gantry at the on and off slip with smaller vms between with laybys etc

highways.gov.uk/our-road-net … -motorways