Dick Turpin is alive and well in Kent

Yes , that is right , the most famous highway robber operating in Kent from 01/01/21 , as Kent county council have the green light to use wheel clamping on lorries who have the audacity to obey tachograph rules and park up to be clamped and fined .
And we all know about the transit tax.
Clamping has been illegal for many years now so I suggest investing in some angle grinders and park with the middle axle down if empty and if they clamp it, raise it up to get it off at base .
Basically it’s a form of kidnapping and ransom .

I’m sure that only clamping by private companies is illegal Tobes.

saw a couple of D.V.L.A. clamps on cars in Lincoln the other day but im sure with a bit of practice and reference to bosnian bill and the lockpicking lawyer you tube channels they could be over come

ignore Double post

Tarmaceater:
Yes , that is right , the most famous highway robber operating in Kent from 01/01/21 , as Kent county council have the green light to use wheel clamping on lorries who have the audacity to obey tachograph rules and park up to be clamped and fined .
And we all know about the transit tax.
Clamping has been illegal for many years now so I suggest investing in some angle grinders and park with the middle axle down if empty and if they clamp it, raise it up to get it off at base .
Basically it’s a form of kidnapping and ransom .

Just a heads up,if you do decide to remove the clamp make sure you take it with you and dispose of it in a fashion where nobody will find it.
Do not cut it off and leave it there,you will be done for criminal damage,if you take it away and dispose of it accordingly (every little piece)they have to prove you have removed it,a photo of it on your vehicle will not help them as they still can’t prove you’ve removed it…

What are they clamping trucks for? I assume this relates to the permit to drive into kent thing I’ve read about?

As for clamping - going by the Ask the Police web site:

“Clamping of a vehicle on a public highway can only be done by public bodies, namely; a local authority, the police or the DVLA.”

Private clamping even on private land is now not normally allowed.

Kcc, did this 12months ago, any truck parked were they had put signs up were clamped, as ticketing wasn’t working.

Good on them I say. Stop the drivers from parking in rat invested laybyes and force them into proper designated lorry parks.
Some of the laybyes were looking a right shiet state with rubbish and empty beer tins tossed all over the place.

msgyorkie:
Good on them I say. Stop the drivers from parking in rat invested laybyes and force them into proper designated lorry parks.
Some of the laybyes were looking a right shiet state with rubbish and empty beer tins tossed all over the place.

So, are there sufficient lorry parks? Are there truck parks with empty spaces?
As a hint Ashford was booked from midday tother day, and that isnt unusual.
Even those who are prepared to pay to park can`t get a space. If your answer is to book the day before, then that is only kicking the can down the road. There are not enough places.

Just been reading about them being given extra powers to tackle anti social parking. transport-network.co.uk/Cou … king/17027

lancpudn:
Just been reading about them being given extra powers to tackle anti social parking. transport-network.co.uk/Cou … king/17027

I can see…

This rolling out across the country eventually.

msgyorkie:

You’re living in a bit of a fantasy land. This is the UK remember. Even worse Kent

yourhavingalarf:
I can see…

This rolling out across the country eventually.

Nah. Sort of…

Clanking and limping, maybe.

Where’s the ‘like’ button when you want one?