Dick "Snowie" "The Dean" Snow

Right here’s another one for all you 60’ 70’s and 80’s drivers. Remember the name, ■■■■ Snow, from what i here if you were involved in any Middle East work you must have come across him at some point.

A bit of a link i know but, he was my Uncle’s brother in law, ■■■■ married my uncle’s sister. I met him once when i was about 5 at a family do one christmas in the early 80’s and how i wish i knew him better or i had been 10 years older.

Now here’s what i want from you lot, obviously he was a huge character and his family still miss him now he’s gone, so seeing as there are so many of you on here that were about at his time, i’d love to hear stories or see any pics you may have of him. Also so i can pass them on to his lovely wife Cathy and his daughter and niece.

Thank you once agin.

He appears briefly in the DVD “Destination Doha”.

He is also mentioned in the book “Cola Cowboys”.
Before paying the inflated prices being acheived for this book on auction sites such as E-bay try your local library, they might have a copy you can borrow. That’s what I did (mind you it was only the “Large Print” version, which didn’t have the maps in it, but at least I could see what all the hype about this book was for myself.)
Why anyone would be willing to pay inflated prices for it is beyond me. :confused:

There is a chap on here by the user name of “truckyboy”, he used to be quite a prolific poster, if you search for his name using the search facility you may be able to PM him,im sure he could give you a load of info.

He used to drive for Astran before it became Astran!..when it was Asian Transport and he is also mentioned in the Cola Cowboys book running down to M/E with ■■■■ Snow.

Im sure he drops in and keeps an eye on these threads from time to time, especially the M/E ones :wink:

How`s this for you Mr 141
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket