Diary for last week

I havent done a diary for a while so here goes

Monday

had nice easy day on locals in the puddle jumper had 2 drops in Malvern and one in Bromsgrove back in the house for just gone 2pm and that was with starting at 8am days like that I get used to very easily , I asked when I got back where am I off 2 " ring you later " is the reply about 6pm my phone rings seems east anglia and essex is where I’m going

Tuesday

got to be at the first drop for 6am in Peterborough so its an early start. got my all drops off in peteboghorror then looked decided to look at my notes, arrrgh the dopey young lad fresh from uni and never driven a day in his life, in the office had routed me from there over to Diss then back to Newmarket and then back to Norwich for 3 drops.Then at the 3rd norwich drop,
I had a slight disagreement with the goods in chap at Graham plumbers merchant in Norwich who wasnt going to tip his pallet because it was too late even though his sign said goods in open 8am till 4 pm and he reckoned I wasnt due until thursday, got unloaded eventually after threating to park up for the night infront of his roller shutters :smiley: , made it as far as Acle on my way to Great Yarmouth .

Wednesday

arrived at Great Yarmouth at 7am got tipped really quick as they were desperate for the 2 small coils of steel I had on for them and was on the road down to Lowestoft, arrived at the drop only to be told can you come back in an hour the cranes broke, so went and had my brekkie while looking at the north sea from Lowestoft ness .

Then it was down to Ipswich to drop 3 small carboard boxes to a small engineering works,and then the routing muppet struck again’
from Ipswich it was down to Clacton then back upto Haverhill to go back to Colchester arrived in Colchester, with minutes to spare before my booking in time and got tipped why people make a fuss about booking in times for small factorys is beyond me, big RDC’s etc I can understand as they have wagons coming and going but small places who probably only see a wagon every otherday,just annoys me.

I Managed to get as far as Braintree but too late to get tipped so parked up on the customers car park, only to get locked in at 8pm by the security guard and told the gates dont reopen till 6am but he was ok once I told him I actually had delivery for the place I was parked outside of ,

Thursday
got woken up at 5.30 by the forklift driver from where I was delivering to as he had apparantly passed me on his way home so came in early to unload me as they too were desperate for their delivery of steel tubing
beacause of my early start I was waiting for nearly an hour at my last drop in chelmsford till they opened at 7.30, tipped by 7.40 a record of that particular place as they normally take ages. I was back on the road heading back to the yard in Wolverhampton only to get a phone call from the office just before I was getting upto jcn 19 on the M1 advising me of a collection on the A421 just past Marston Moretaine but just before Bedford " how vague is that considering the amount of road works on that road at the moment
after spending an hour trying the various site compounds,I discovered the right site with some piling equipment on .I then spent hours waiting while they worked out what they were sending to another site down in Braintree,finally got loaded by 2pm and that was after arriving around 9am ish

I arrived at 4pm only to find out the site forklift driver had gone home ,rang the office and they said wait till tommorrow to get unloaded in that case
luckily around 6pm the piling companys lowloader and piling machine turned up and after they unloaded it, they used it to crane off their gear so it meant I could get an early start back in the morning

Friday

early start and get back , washed the wagon off, then took into our garge for a service and got sent home at 12pm

and guess where I’m going again next week yup soddin East Anglia again

:laughing:

Nice diary.

Don’t you just love those idiot planners who don’t stop and think to route stuff together.

Yep, first drop Wood Green in Harringey, next drop Kingston-upon-Thames, next drop Enfield.

I wonder if it’s worth getting a postcode map of the UK and sticking it up on the planner’s wall - it might be easier to route places together if they begin with similar letters? :confused:

a wonderful Magical Mystery Tour, also a nice read,