Dial up internet

Does anyone still use it or is everyone broadband these days?

Bt broadband for me.

I do miss the good old days of dial up tho :unamused:

haha dial up lol, i remember i went on dial up like 2 years agoa nd was like holy crap this is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow66666

Dial up inert-net… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I gave that up years ago, and good riddance.
Slower than a slug with a broken back. Web-pages now are just so huge, with such vast flash junk clutter, and it’s just impossible to use a slow link now.

Can you still get dial up modems?.

jammymutt:

Yes, most laptops have them built in.

I still keep a modem and a free dial-up account at the ready in case my BB goes down.

Er, I have been known to use dial up… :blush:

(That doesn’t make me a bad person, just broadly disadvantaged!) :laughing:

loadsof horses did you send that message at 7:54am because we only received at 1:42pm :laughing: (only joking mate)

allikat:

jammymutt:

I think youll find thats ethernet connection.

jammymutt:

allikat:

jammymutt:

I got a hp pavilion dv9000 and it has ethernet and phone socket

Dial up■■? I’m sure my great great great granpa had that.
Dial up modems are still about, but you can get a wireless dongle for about the same price, and given that there are a lot of unsecured domestic networks about :wink: .

I’m on 20Mb BB, its too fast for many web servers, and I’m realistical;ly geting around 2Mb for normal browsing, downloading big files is another story :smiley: :smiley:

I do miss my 1Gb line though (you could download all the ■■■■ on the web in five minutes flat :laughing: ) , the missus wouldn’t let me keep it after I sold the business :angry: .

jammymutt:

allikat:

jammymutt:

My laptop has both it’s only 2yr old. As for the modems you can still get them, but there not cheap now!

We still use dial up for to connect to the main controlers in some supermarkets and RDC for all there refrigeration systems