Dial 101........

I was on my way from Cambridge to Ipswich last night, just past where the A11 merges with the A14, went past a layby with a few trucks parked up for the night. One has a trailer door swinging just over the white line, thats dangerous methinks, so therefore I decided to dial 101 and get it dealt with. They received my call thanked me, and I thought that was that. A couple of hours later, coming back, I was quite suprised to see the same barn door, still swinging, and relieved that it hadnt caused an accident. Pretty bad form, I thought. What are your thoughts good people?

Take it you never read about the M9 lamara bell crash?

Luck eh the draw if they come or don’t come these days.

101 is a complete waste of time, I have rung it 3 times, twice it rang for over 20 minutes with no answer, the next it put me through to Leicester when I was in South Wales!!!
Best ever though was when I rang 999 because there was a young girl looking like she was going to throw herself off the SEcond Severn Crossing at stupid o’clock in the morning, the operator said “can’t you ring Gwent police for this?”

Years ago, I was driving down the a12 on a hot summers evening, and the grass embankment was ablaze. I phoned 999 to report it, and got moaned at by the operator that no ends of people had already reported it and the fire brigade would be there soon, why was I bothering?

papermonkey:
I was on my way from Cambridge to Ipswich last night, just past where the A11 merges with the A14, went past a layby with a few trucks parked up for the night. One has a trailer door swinging just over the white line, thats dangerous methinks, so therefore I decided to dial 101 and get it dealt with. They received my call thanked me, and I thought that was that. A couple of hours later, coming back, I was quite suprised to see the same barn door, still swinging, and relieved that it hadnt caused an accident. Pretty bad form, I thought. What are your thoughts good people?

Just tell them you saw a truck driver eating marmalade from a jar with a picture of a golliwog on it,they’ll be there in no time :wink: