diabetes type 2

was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes on friday i knew something was wrong when i was passing more water very frequently now the other night i came off the m62 rather than stopping there to go came off at saddleworth junction stopped got out as i was stood nearside a police car stopped behind me i couldnt walk towards him as i was kind of busy at the time he then waited said its an offence to stop on the hard shoulder and urinate on a public highway i explained the situation etc etc asked if he wanted drs address tel number etc etc
result no charge but he then went on to say this is a warning but if you have to go you have to go ten went on about if a female drove by and saw you youd be joining the ■■■ offenders register my ego was boosted must have thought i was a big fella

what is the score about going near the nearside wheel or is that a drivers myth or my mate told me

aka tiny

HAIRYGORILLA:
ten went on about if a female drove by and saw you youd be joining the ■■■ offenders register

That reminds me of something that I think Dave Allen once said,
“If he looks over the fence and sees a women sunbathing ■■■■■■■ he gets accused a Peeping Tom
If she looks over the fence and sees him sunbathing in the ■■■■ he get accused of being a Flasher” :laughing:

HAIRYGORILLA:
what is the score about going near the nearside wheel or is that a drivers myth or my mate told me
aka tiny

I thought it applied to hackney carraiges and dated from the time when they were horse drawn. :confused:

HAIRYGORILLA:
was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes on friday i knew something was wrong when i was passing more water very frequently now the other night i came off the m62 rather than stopping there to go came off at saddleworth junction stopped got out as i was stood nearside a police car stopped behind me i couldnt walk towards him as i was kind of busy at the time he then waited said its an offence to stop on the hard shoulder and urinate on a public highway i explained the situation etc etc asked if he wanted drs address tel number etc etc
result no charge but he then went on to say this is a warning but if you have to go you have to go ten went on about if a female drove by and saw you youd be joining the ■■■ offenders register my ego was boosted must have thought i was a big fella

aka tiny

If you are breaking your neck, can you concentrate on your driving? Probably not, then stopping and relieving yourself is the safest option.

If more facilities were provided then it probably wouldn’t be a problem.

just stop when you have too
sod the law
easier to drive without a big wet patch in your pants

in court i suppose you would argue the disability discrimanation thing somehow

i’ve got your problem as well
its a pain

The hard shoulder is for use in an emergency. The dictionary describes an emergency as" an unforeseen occurence or combination of circumstances that calls for immediate attention." I think that covers it.

ive always wondered why you see loads of blokes having a ■■■■ at the side of the roads wheras you never see a women sqauting down :confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i know we carry bottles for a emergency, i assume they carry a bucket for emergencys

waddy640:

Hi waddy640,
I’d agree that (lots) more facilities should be provided, but there are still those lazy gits that would pee against the truck wheels in the car park even if the toilet building were only 50 mtrs away. :frowning:

The smell of urine in the truck park of facilities presently provided seems to confirm that.

I’d never thought much about folks who have HG’s problem, cos they’re genuinely caught short and it’s not really their fault.

:bulb: It sounds like he met a decent policeman who’s not just interested in dishing out a quota of tickets, so I say fair play to the policeman for showing such understanding and taking a commonsense approach.

You can only ■■■■ on your wheels if you have a bale of hay on the roof or something :laughing:

Is ■■■■■■■ a lot, your only symptom with your diabetes, do you feel ok otherwise?

It cant be a problem in Europe as most service areas are full of Germans ■■■■■■■ into the grass within view of the clean toilets and the cleaners.

ady1:
i assume they carry a bucket for emergencys

a funnel for their bottle. :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth:

dieseldave:

waddy640:

Hi waddy640,
I’d agree that (lots) more facilities should be provided, but there are still those lazy gits that would pee against the truck wheels in the car park even if the toilet building were only 50 mtrs away. :frowning:

The smell of urine in the truck park of facilities presently provided seems to confirm that.

I’d never thought much about folks who have HG’s problem, cos they’re genuinely caught short and it’s not really their fault.

:bulb: It sounds like he met a decent policeman who’s not just interested in dishing out a quota of tickets, so I say fair play to the policeman for showing such understanding and taking a commonsense approach.

There are reasons why some people decline to use public toilets, my reason is because of something that happened forty years ago.

Regarding medical conditions that necessitate the urgent use of a toilet, I have such a condition and one that can be triggered by stress. At the present time it is in remission and I intend keeping it that way. That is one of the reasons why I do not get wound up over other peoples stupidity on the roads. My health is more important than them.

jessicas dad:

ady1:
i assume they carry a bucket for emergencys

a funnel for their bottle. :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth:

surely they’d just need to ahem ‘insert’ the bottle without the need of a funnel :question: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
You can only ■■■■ on your wheels if you have a bale of hay on the roof or something :laughing:

Is ■■■■■■■ a lot, your only symptom with your diabetes, do you feel ok otherwise?

It cant be a problem in Europe as most service areas are full of Germans ■■■■■■■ into the grass within view of the clean toilets and the cleaners.

wheeelnut yes i feel fine otherwise but i have taken out a subscription to a local gym very coinidental that the flyer came in the post just after i saw the doc wonder if they are in colusion with the drs i lost 10 stone many years ago i got divorced but happily gained it again very quickly feel much better with this one told my employers dvla and my own car insurance just have to fill in a form from dvla if i thought for a min this would cause any problem liscence wold be winging its way to dvla i never realised there where so many out there with type 2 diabetes just having to deal with it this was a wake up call to eat heathily excersise more etc etc as for giving up smoking i have done it thousands of times starting again was the easy part have a appointment with the diabetes nurse on oct 5th
but have started on the fitness heathy eating regime as of last tuesday( well i joined the gym) start this monday :smiley: :smiley: 1300nrs probably be out of there 1310 ish lol watch this space

ian aka tiny

the poiceman involved showed a lot of common sense

Despite being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 2 years ago,it only shows up in my blood tests and urine test.
I have none of the so called typical symptons,two of those being always drinking and always ■■■■■■■■
Another supposed sympton is reduced testosterone,or lack of virility,my wife begs to differ,and my blood test does show that my testosterone levels are normal.(Hey,who’s bragging?)