Dhl

Seen a few of these on the motorway lately. Sign on back of Dhl truck saying ‘restricted to 87kph to save fuel and reduce carbon emissions’. And there was me thinking we were restricted by law!!.

its ■■■■■■■■ for the masses

Mines is restricted to 90 or 54mph and its a bassa when a driver lets you out and he thinks your holding him up as loads of drivers have no idea about this practice.

For me Global warming is a natural occurrence the earth goes through every few million years and we are all going to hell in a rowing boat as theres no point trying to prevent it, best prepare for the worst I say.

Its mother natures way of cutting the numbers and only the strong will survive.

Maybe its just about saving money though and the carbon emissions message is for sympathy. :unamused:

Saw a sign on a Sainsburys trailer,“This vehicle may be limited to 52mph”.Don’t they know then? :unamused:

aranger:
For me Global warming is a natural occurrence the earth goes through every few million years and we are all going to hell in a rowing boat as theres no point trying to prevent it, best prepare for the worst I say

Totally agree.Never have so many been conned by so few. :unamused: :laughing:

hitch:
its [zb] for the masses

oh you of little faith :smiley: its because they “care” never mind running empty trailors and stuff :wink: joe public dont know that. imho any truck firm that pleads saving co2 etc is aload of hot air (which increases co2) like the “curved top trailor” its all abiut saving fuel /cost so increaseing profit.
just look closely in your supermarket " price is still at 1997 prices but they dont tell you in big bold letters that volume/weight/size has decreased so profit goes up cos they charge the same price for less goods

And you will see more trailer’s with these sign’s on them as time goes by.All fleet vehicles will be reduced to 53mph eventually.The sign’s are there so drivers approaching can see that the vehicle is restricted to 53mph and that the driver ain’t doing it out of malice,this way you know that you can pass him ( if safe to do so) just don’t pass us and give us dog’s abuse if we hold any of you’s up,it ain’t our fault.But if i do hold any of you up,then tough :laughing: live with it. :laughing:

aranger:
Mines is restricted to 90 or 54mph

which is it? or do you have some way of changing the limiter cos 90 is more than 54 :confused: :confused:

welshboyinspain:

aranger:
Mines is restricted to 90 or 54mph

which is it? or do you have some way of changing the limiter cos 90 is more than 54 :confused: :confused:

Its 54 but says 90 on the windscreen, should have deleted the 90 instead of adding 54 when I realised the difference but thought the drivers are no that parnickety on here so I will leave it. :unamused:

Everything at our site has been limited to 85kph for some time now. The DHL GoGreen stickers caused much merriment when they were slapped on the back, because we were told the sole reason for cutting the limited speed to 85 kph was to save fuel. (Since our rubbish 6 speed FL-220s were right up in the blue band at 90kph I can see the point). I am wondering if our new I-shift vehicles will be limited to 85 too and what the effect on the autobox’s ability to get into top will be.

tofer:
I am wondering if our new I-shift vehicles will be limited to 85 too and what the effect on the autobox’s ability to get into top will be.

they will lower your torque settings so you hit top gear about 42 mph, which will mean you will be slow on the hills and setting off.

i just don’t understand why the majority of uk trucks have never been able to do 90 always been limited to 88 or 86 and always being overtaken by the europeans.
and why oh why can’t you run at 96 if thats the speed limit? seems daft to have a speed limit that you can’t possibly reach

It’s 85 kph.
Been running like that for ages.
A 460 and under will struggle to stay in 12.
480 and above it doesn’t bother them.

it’s ok, global warming will come to an end within the next two years. we will have a mini ice age, it will last around 4 years, then we will slowly warm up again. each time we get to the end of one of these warm periods the global temperature is slightly more than the last time.

don’t these tree huggers know, that the sahara desert was once grass land? that was only around 10,000 years ago. there were once crocodiles in swamps in the arctic.

it’s a massive con, who else but a con man would force so called greener trucks upon us, that use more fuel. (euro 6). :unamused:

if a truck drives for 9 hours at 90 it covers 810km generally speaking
if a truck that says “I’m holding you up to help the planet” drives the same distance it has to run just over 10 hours at 80
so one engine runs for 9 hours and one for 10 hours doesn’t the 10 hour one use more fuel■■? or at least pollutes the atmosphere for an hour more??
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sign on back of Dhl truck saying 'restricted to 87kph

And TM’s will still say “where the [zb] have you been”? :laughing: