DHL

What are DHL going to do with the 20 rigids they have applied to park at Morrisons Grandstand warehouse on the 41 estate

I daresay they’re planning to park them at Morrisons on the 41 Estate.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Don’t Morrisons/DHL use rigids for the garages and McColls drops?

A lot have the “Safeway” brand on them.

A lot of their rigids had KFC branding on them but that didn’t mean much at all in the long run lol

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good job anyone doing it

Even before Morrisons bought McColl’s there was a supply agreement and use of the Safeway brand. No idea if the transport and warehouse agreement with DHL is nationwide, but DHL have the contract in a few areas it seems.

£15 per hour 42.5 hour week 5 on 3 off

one of our drivers is getting a DHL transfer over to the Safeway contract,at Rugby i think…yes,5 on 3 off.

That’s the gig am currently on. It’s actually 4 on 3 off, but they do give you a few different rota options.

Cage work to stores/petrol stations/food banks. Morrisons daily/McColls/Martin’s.

Am on the Fri-Mon, with Tue-Thu off. Sat + Sun are premium rates, overtime on your 5th day in.

Decent transport office. Don’t rush you. Very health n safety focussed at DHL. Microlise etc. Don’t like infringements, but don’t overplan you either. Of course double runs will have you at 14hours but most days are 10-12hrs.

The Safeway trucks are 18 plates. All now with 300km+ on them. DAF 260s. The 19 plate ones are plain with no branding. No internal cameras on either. Limited at 53.

I enjoy it to be fair, and the pay is pretty good in my eyes.

Edit - any 4 from 7 not 4 on 3 off

Muddy K:

Don’t mention any 4 or 5 from 7, you’ll set Winseer off again!

tmcassett:

Muddy K:

And don’t mention cage work either or the chains of someone else will start rattling :laughing:

tmcassett:

Muddy K:

But but but, it’s not random. You know what 4 days you are doing, week in week out.

Fri Sat Sun Mon for me. Tue overtime occasionally. Wed and Thurs off permanentanly. Home every night. Don’t see what the issue is. Man’s gotta graft you know.

toonsy:

tmcassett:

Muddy K:

And don’t mention cage work either or the chains of someone else will start rattling :laughing:

Tbf, I bloody hate them cages. 2cm pothole, yup. That cage wants to go face plant the pavement.

Muddy K:

tmcassett:

Muddy K:

But but but, it’s not random. You know what 4 days you are doing, week in week out.

Fri Sat Sun Mon for me. Tue overtime occasionally. Wed and Thurs off permanentanly. Home every night. Don’t see what the issue is. Man’s gotta graft you know.

Sadly Winseer is/was too stupid to realise this. I tried to point out to him several times that just because a job is advertised as “any x from x” doesn’t actually mean your days will be constantly changing/rotating or if they do your rota will be planned out “well” in advance so you know where you stand.

I’ve had 2 or 3 jobs that were advertised as such. My current job was supposedly “any 5 from 7” and when I went for the assessment and interview it turned out to be a fixed Tues-Sat rota. Another I had was an 8 week revolving rota between 3 shift patterns - 8 weeks Tues - Sat, 8 weeks Mon-Fri then 8 weeks Sun-Thurs and and back to Tues-Sat and so on.

toonsy:

Nah, Carryfast will probably be stood on the hard shoulder of a motorway somewhere as we speak, trying to hitch a lift home after his 450 mile trip trade plating.

Muddy K:

toonsy:

tmcassett:

Muddy K:

Tbf, I bloody hate them cages. 2cm pothole, yup. That cage wants to go face plant the pavement.

I did my time on cages and don’t ever intend on going back to them. Absolute slavery (especially if you are operative dispersal of the contents) unless you are on top whack rates.

£15 per hour dont sound bad to me

SHYTOT:
£15 per hour dont sound bad to me

It does if it involves pushing cages along pavements or forecourts…

I prefer to put the kettle on, whilst the dairy operative connects the pipes. :sunglasses:

With the cages, you either get a really nice straightforward drop, or a right ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

You learn little techniques, and once you get a drop you been to before it gets easier.

Many a time the loaders get it all wrong. Heavy ■■■■ at the top etc.

I’ve only been doing it 8 weeks, and I’ve had 2 cages go over. Ironically both near enough the same situation.

Tailift+gravity+camber+speed/mass + tiny bump equals cage gone nosedive into the pavement. It’s the front wheels, they are smaller than the rears and are not as wide apart under the cage, this causes an imbalance and the front of the cage likes to tip in the corners.

If you use the back wheels as the front wheels, it’s easier. They are bigger, so are better for bumps/ramps/on+off the tail lift etc. Also they are wider apart. Less likely to get stuck in a tiny little rut somewhere too.

Also if your cage gets stuck in something and it’s too heavy to pull it out, stand on the side of the cage and push it on the back very top corner until you get one wheel out of the hole, then switch sides and push the other top corner of the cage from the side, until the other wheel comes out. It’s actually easy, and what your doing is tilting one side of the cage on its side a little, and then pushing it around a little until the wheel is no longer in the hole. Almost like rocking it side to side. Find it a lot easier that way. Works for potholes and little door ramps where your cage just won’t budge.

Wages wise any class 2 multi drop handball food/fridge work is around £15 p/HR.

DHL do pay overtime though at an enhanced rate (when you go over your contracted hours for the week + if you come in on a non contacted day). Also weekends are a premium shift so an uplift there - not everyone does that.