dhl, scunthorpe

good afternoon chaps, DHL are advertising for drivers on the Nisa contract out of Scunthorpe, does anybody know if they do tramping or is it all day runs?
your comments would be most appreciated.

tally ho.

I don’t think they do tramping, I am from Scunny and I know a couple of drivers there. They start at any time, early mornings, mid mornings, late afternoons and early evenings. Some of the jobs are in rigid vehicles doing multi drops to mini supermarkets with difficult access. Some of the shorter artics also do these kind of deliveries. Not sure where the trunks go to. They seem to advertise regularly for drivers. I did one day there a few years ago, wasn’t very impressed with their organisation. It is probably better now that it’s been taken over by DHL.
Ilona

thankyou kindly madam, a tad far to go from harrogate on a daily basis!
have a splendid day.

Just spoken to my friend Mr T who is at this moment on his way back from five drops Leic/Loughborough. He says, no tramping, just odd nights out, he has had one since Christmas. He is not very complimentary about the company. At the moment they are in a changeover situation, the old Nisa and DHL working alongside each other. In April it changes when DHL take over fully. He doesn’t know if it will be any different then. Maybe worth enquiring to see if their working schedule has changed.
Ilona

great stuff, thankyou very much indeed.

I think the trunking will be to livingston or down to harlow

Don’t forget stoke. There’s a thread here somewhere talking about dhl nisa livingstone. That should give an idea of the type of work.

I do a bit of work out of harlow and talking to the other drivers from the other depo’s i think they are all run the same ,its ok but it aint to great either but it is work at the end of the day.