DHL or Tesco

Hello guys, just a quick one, would you work for dhl or Tesco as a class 1 driver■■? Both offering good rate of pay.

Whats the DHL contract?

Some are far better than others

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Monkey241:
Whats the DHL contract?

Some are far better than others

48 hours/week around 37.5k/year Nisa

Again…depends which contract.

I’m on similar money…but the management is appalling though the job itself is ok.

Where I am they’ll happily run you to 60 hours a week…if youre averaging over 48 hours late in your ref period you’ll struggle to get quality time back.

The units are mostly newish Volvos…
They stick to the law…

I’ve worked other DHL contracts where the work was awful but the management great

Monkey241:
Again…depends which contract.

I’m on similar money…but the management is appalling though the job itself is ok.

Where I am they’ll happily run you to 60 hours a week…if youre averaging over 48 hours late in your ref period you’ll struggle to get quality time back.

The units are mostly newish Volvos…
They stick to the law…

I’ve worked other DHL contracts where the work was awful but the management great

Nisa contract

Sorry saw that just on your earlier post…

Next question…class 2 or 1?

I did NISA at the start of lockdown.

If you can get the trunking…a doddle.

Class 2…hard flipping work. Multi drop to pain in the back locations…moving milk dollies on cobbles etc etc.

If you have class 1 you may do the same with up to 13 drops…

Flip side is good money for class 2 and the managers where I was were pretty good.

Some of the guys love it but it wasn’t for me.

Monkey241:
Sorry saw that just on your earlier post…

Next question…class 2 or 1?

I did NISA at the start of lockdown.

If you can get the trunking…a doddle.

Class 2…hard flipping work. Multi drop to pain in the back locations…moving milk dollies on cobbles etc etc.

If you have class 1 you may do the same with up to 13 drops…

Flip side is good money for class 2 and the managers where I was were pretty good.

Some of the guys love it but it wasn’t for me.

Class 1 and it’s a multi drop in Harlow.

aliens.77:
Hello guys, just a quick one, would you work for dhl or Tesco as a class 1 driver■■? Both offering good rate of pay.

Just from my experience of working at Nisa on Class 2…i would definitely go to Tesco :smiley:

aliens.77:
Class 1 and it’s a multi drop in Harlow.

Store deliveries for both then. Which flavour of [zb] do you prefer sir? Both are crappy jobs hence why they can’t get drivers as the renumeration doesn’t reflect the level of crap you’ll have to endure when you could be sat on your arse all day dragging 26 pallets of pop up the M1 to a one-hit RDC for only slightly less money.

Store delivery is moody managers , blocked access inside and outside the shop, taking back the recycling and rubbish then empty cages that the previous Numpty couldn’t be bothered to collect, all this and no offer of a cup of tea or coffee.
Cars blocking delivery areas.
Don’t forget breaking down pallets and while we are at it, they might as well ask the driver to replenish their empty shelves and stack it for shop staff who refuse to help.

Thank you gentlemen for your replies, I know that both might be rubbish but when you’re after your first job as a truck driver, don’t think you have much choice and tbh I’m happy that xpo, dhl and Tesco decided to give me a chance.

All these types of jobs suit some people and won’t suit others.

I never minded store deliveries, arguably you get some exercise and get paid for it, where some get this whole lorry lark wrong is they want to be clocking out 30 seconds after starting work, take your time it isn’t a race, if it takes an hour at each store so be it, if billy big ■■■■■■■■ repeatedly knocks 3 hours off a steady 11 hour day more fool him, take no bloody notice of them trying to use him as the standard everyone else must strive to achieve.

No one can make this choice for you, whichever job you choose make sure you take your time so you don’t get flustered then start rushing around trying to make time up, steady wins the day.

If there’s a union, suggest you join it and stay in it, the best jobs out there are unionised, this applied over 40 years ago when i started on wagons and its still the same.

i’m DHL,and although not on the Nisa contract,i did a couple of shift’s out of Scunny to help out a few years ago…hard work,but made easier because the guy who showed me the ropes let me take an electric pump truck with me,rather than a manual one :smiley:

Juddian:
All these types of jobs suit some people and won’t suit others.

I never minded store deliveries, arguably you get some exercise and get paid for it, where some get this whole lorry lark wrong is they want to be clocking out 30 seconds after starting work, take your time it isn’t a race, if it takes an hour at each store so be it, if billy big ■■■■■■■■ repeatedly knocks 3 hours off a steady 11 hour day more fool him, take no bloody notice of them trying to use him as the standard everyone else must strive to achieve.

No one can make this choice for you, whichever job you choose make sure you take your time so you don’t get flustered then start rushing around trying to make time up, steady wins the day.

If there’s a union, suggest you join it and stay in it, the best jobs out there are unionised, this applied over 40 years ago when i started on wagons and its still the same.

Remind me again how that panned out for the Stobart drivers at Doncaster. Plenty of other examples available.

Unions are there for the sole purpose of making the shop steward rich off the back of weak drivers who don’t have the balls to stand up for themselves. The end result is always the same - the company will get their own way. The only variable is the timescale. Save your money, grow a pair and if you’re unhappy with your terms and conditions, hand in your written resignation detailing why you’re unhappy and why you’re leaving. If you’re a good driver and an asset to the company, in my experience of smaller places you’ll be called in by the gaffer to have a chat which results in changes happening and better money being offered. At the bigger companies nothing will change and they won’t care so you just move on to somewhere with a better package.

Not a union fan but we just secured 5 extra days holiday and a reasonable pay rise compared to the original offer.
The lads make the union