DHL Normanton, NHS Contract - Any Info?

Hi Guys, I have applied via an agency for a job at NHS Logistics, Normanton off the M62, seems decent kit & pay, just wondered if anyone else here was working there and had any info on the shift lengths, any general info on the place, seems to be all shifts available Class 1 & 2. :sunglasses:

Would this job be going round hospitals collecting their clinical waste??

busteredwards:
Would this job be going round hospitals collecting their clinical waste??

No it is delivering supplies!

I done class 2 out of Runcorn about 14 years ago. All it involved was taking a loaded truck out in the morning to one hospital tipping around 20 odd cages that were light and very clean. Picking up empties. Then back to base unload and reload then another hospital in the afternoon a very easy job.
Or
7.5 tonner delivering to a doctors surgery but these had baby formula on and you have to put it on the shelves in the stock room yourself so involved a fair bit of lifting. Plus in the winter there was snow outside but very warm inside you body temp didn’t know if it were coming or going.
I’d do the job again but went on to class 1.
The contract was with Taylor Barnard don’t know if they are still going.

or, delivering inco pads in a van, multidrop to houses

LASHHGV:
I done class 2 out of Runcorn about 14 years ago. All it involved was taking a loaded truck out in the morning to one hospital tipping around 20 odd cages that were light and very clean. Picking up empties. Then back to base unload and reload then another hospital in the afternoon a very easy job.
Or
7.5 tonner delivering to a doctors surgery but these had baby formula on and you have to put it on the shelves in the stock room yourself so involved a fair bit of lifting. Plus in the winter there was snow outside but very warm inside you body temp didn’t know if it were coming or going.

I have a vague recollection of TNT buying them out in the mid-90’s. Could be wrong though.

Scanner:

LASHHGV:
Or

I have a vague recollection of TNT buying them out in the mid-90’s. Could be wrong though.

still DHL delivering the pads

Driver-Once-More:
or, delivering inco pads in a van, multidrop to houses and care homes

There’s a fleet of around 20 van doing that job out of DHL Bawtry

What’s the money like. I know a lass in the offices but never got as far as asking?

DHL money is crap & the trucks are slow, get a load of zb working for them too so not worth it…

Its £9 days £10 nights 0n class2 - 25p increase on class1.

Pimpdaddy:
DHL money is crap & the trucks are slow, get a load of zb working for them too so not worth it…

Glad to see its not just Tesco you don’t like :wink: :laughing:

I swear there’s no more (except winc):):):slight_smile:

Pimpdaddy:

I’m with you on that one. The worst firm I’ve ever seen in this industry.

Scanner:
I’m with you on that one. The worst firm I’ve ever seen in this industry.

Gosh I thought I was the only one…lol

Pimpdaddy:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: