Dhl nisa

Hi seen advertisements for drivers
Just wondering what’s people’s views are as class 2 ?
What’s a topical day like ?

hard work! not done Class 2 work,but done a couple of Class 1 shifts out of Scunny,to help out.i think they do 4 on 4 off,iirc. lot’s of paperwork and h&s bull with dhl.

Couldn’t tell you for sure. At a guess it’ll be heavy broken cages on uneven ground/up and down kerbs and the like.

My experience of tipping af Scunthorpe would put me off ever working for them.

Having seen the delivery access area to the Nisa stores in my area,all I can say is good luck with that.

haven’t done it but did similar work for a company called Palmer & Harvey when they were around deliverying into costcutters.

Usually good money but hard graft. Deliving cages, braking them down, checking deliveries.

Great experience if you’re a new starter

jasonbel:

Call in the Malt Shovel and I’ll advise you about why you shouldn’t bother.
Two of my mates are shunters there and inform me that despite the wage rise that DHL have recently implemented there’s a reason why they’re permanently advertising and can’t keep drivers.
Steer clear!

jasonbel:

I did it as cover when we first locked down. Hard work…but some drivers love it.

The money is great for class 2 (4 grand more than I was getting for class 1 at another local DHL site) but you earn every penny.
They also have class 1s delivering to local shops that can be a ■■■■■ to get near.

Horses for courses I guess… and if you can get trunking…Great.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I saw the advert here in Stoke and applied, spoke to the chap on the phone and decided against it. Said you’d be doing 13s and 15s regular with 4am starts usually. The pay is good for class 2 but I’m getting around 2k less for doing skips and not mauling My balls off.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Grumpy_old_trucker:

jasonbel:

Two of my mates are shunters there and inform me that despite the wage rise that DHL have recently implemented there’s a reason why they’re permanently advertising and can’t keep drivers.
Steer clear!

That’s absolutely spot on. Been there and done it myself. It’s the ■■■■■■■■■ multidrop job I’ve done and heard of. Two of my pals ended up with life changing injuries - they’ve lost the battle a man vs 2+ tonne pallet using a crap pallet truck meant to be used for weights up to 1.5 t. The Morrison’s contract they have (McColl’s shops) is much easier (nae pallets whatsoever) and you work for exactly the same money as Nisa. Not sure if your depot runs this contract though.
Rav

Sent from my moto g(8) using Tapatalk

Rav:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

jasonbel:

Steer clear!

That’s absolutely spot on. Been there and done it myself. It’s the [zb] multidrop job I’ve done and heard of. Two of my pals ended up with life changing injuries - they’ve lost the battle a man vs 2+ tonne pallet using a crap pallet truck meant to be used for weights up to 1.5 t. The Morrison’s contract they have (McColl’s shops) is much easier (nae pallets whatsoever) and you work for exactly the same money as Nisa. Not sure if your depot runs this contract though.
Rav

Sent from my moto g(8) using Tapatalk

i was lucky with my couple of shifts…the guy giving me the ‘induction’,loaded an electric pump truck on board :slight_smile:

Any other companies recommend for class 2 ?

jasonbel:

Spavins on Scotter road advertising currently.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

jasonbel:

Spavins on Scotter road advertising currently.

Not hear good things as well about them
Thanks

If what’s happened with DHL other convenience store contract, another firm will soon be brought in to help DHL.

Morrisons have already split the Safeway contract with another firm because DHL weren’t up to scratch.

toonsy:
Couldn’t tell you for sure. At a guess it’ll be heavy broken cages on uneven ground/up and down kerbs and the like.

My experience of tipping af Scunthorpe would put me off ever working for them.

//////\

THIS

M65Chris:
If what’s happened with DHL other convenience store contract, another firm will soon be brought in to help DHL.

Morrisons have already split the Safeway contract with another firm because DHL weren’t up to scratch.

Define up to scratch…?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Class 2 work pretty much anywhere - is hard work these days.
Best to chase the money, rather than opt to take a lower-paid job, only to find you’ll STILL be run ragged…