Dhl nisa

Hi, anyone got any idea what working for dhl on the nisa contract is like? Its £3 a hour more than what im currently on just wondered if anyone had any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Don’t know much but I assume the trucks I see are battered for a reason. Limited access at alot of shops. Limited parking. Lot of donkey work. Hence why alot of these types of places pay decent money due to it not been everyone’s cup of tea.

You’re a labourer with a lorry licence essentially.

Good wages if you don’t mind a bit of graft,if you’d rather not risk chipping a nail try Stobrats RDC hopping :smiley:

Its really a two man job. Ive done it. The £3 an hour is their way of getting you to do the work of two men. Im saying “men” because its really hard graft, Id love to see a lady do it. The pallets are heavy. The pavements are long and potholed. Parking can be a ways off the door, and the shop is staffed by a 16 yr old girl who cant leave the till even if she was inclined to help you. The owners of the shops, if they are there, have a policy of not helping even when your pump truck is well stuck in a pothole with a ton on it. To top it off, it`s ran by DHL.

It’s one of those jobs that doesn’t warrant 2 men for the majority of the time, but then there’s the times it does and you’re on your Todd!

No sitting around in RDCs, time goes very fast, half of the shops will give you a drink etc, most of the shop staff are spot but as in all walks, there’s the few dicks, i drove for a subby on ambient when bibby had it, we got everywhere, usually 6 drops, most of the time I quite liked it, but then you’d have a bad day / week and think I could be sat in an rdc room right now, keeps you fit!

i done a couple of saturday shifts there @ 3 years ago.i took a ‘powered’ pump truck out with me…much easier than a pusher!

Place im working at now i have to carry worktops and flooring so the lifting doesn’t bother me. Just worrying as they want people on “agency” and if they loose the contract i think you’d be gone. Not ideal when just purchased a brand new house and have a mortgage pay. They are also ltd but said could do paye on agency, think ill swerve

As has been said by others it’s hard graft and some of the stores are a right PITA to deliver to, the cages can be really heavy, access routes like the surface of the moon and shop staff that wouldn’t give you the steam off their ■■■ but despite some of their runs being PLANNED for 14 hours it’s not a bad job and most stores will offer you a brew after you’ve finished

If it’s through an agency and out of the Stoke depot then I would stay where you are.

ag1992:
Place im working at now i have to carry worktops and flooring so the lifting doesn’t bother me. Just worrying as they want people on “agency” and if they loose the contract i think you’d be gone. Not ideal when just purchased a brand new house and have a mortgage pay. They are also ltd but said could do paye on agency, think ill swerve

They’ve lost the contract,CO-OP have bought all Nisa’s,going through now expected to be complete June/July ‘18.

xichrisxi:

ag1992:

They’ve lost the contract,CO-OP have bought all Nisa’s,going through now expected to be complete June/July ‘18.

Thanks for that mate, yeah think i will stay where i am on less money but at least its secure

I assume you mean the Scunthorpe Depot?, if so they have gone through every driver within 20 miles, an utterly crap job, you will go to little shops down streets you can hardly drive a car down let alone an Artic, the shop staff will not help you in most cases no matter how much difficulty you are having, the transport staff are unhelpful and curt, the kit is not bad to be fair, people go there do a shift or two and never go back, they have an 85% driver turnover, and the manager (then) did not care “drivers are two a penny” he said, this was in the Polish invasion period.

Well, there you have it!
Doesn’t seem that great!